17- Family Dinners

I woke up to Sir Pine shaking me, telling me it was starting to get late. I sat up and looked around to see that I was still in the field. I must've fallen asleep. I frown, not sure where the time went. The execution was in the early morning and the sun is just about to set. I slept longer than I normally do.

I didn't think about that much, following Sir Pine to the horses. He didn't speak much, he helped me up and we were soon on our way. I didn't know where we were. So, I allowed myself to be led by Sir Pine, entrusting him to get me home from here.

It wasn't a far ride, but then again we were moving quickly. I tried to memorize the roads we took, hoping I can go there one time and sleep with peace once more. It isn't often I can get more than a few hours of rest. We then made it to my road, the road where my house sits. I stopped following Sir Pine, now fully realizing my rash decision.

I have always just walked up the stairs to my house, gone up the steps and through the doors where I would be greeted and then be alone.  However, I'm currently posing as a knight of a different faction and the actual female knight is posing as myself in my room. I am currently posing as a Northern knight, the knighthood that my family doesn't like.

"Lady Giselle?" I look up to see Sir Pine facing me. "What's the matter?"

I let out a deep exhale. "How am I going to go back to my room? There are guards all around and I can't be seen in a suit of the Northern Knights."

Sir Pine looks behind him where my house sits. "Follow me." He turns his horse to walk to the deep woods.

I hesitantly follow him and allow myself to be led once more. The trek to the woods was short, he had wanted to tie the horses in a place where they wouldn't be found. He then led me on foot back to my house. He told me to be silent, making sure to keep my footsteps light and not step on anything that would make noise.

We sat on the edge of the trees, looking at the deserted garden. I kept seeing Sir Pine look at the watch on his good arm. I frowned, staring at the bored guard who stood a couple of miles away. How are we going to cross the open field? We will immediately be caught and who knows what will happen.

"You ready to run?" He asks me, voice in a hushed whisper.

"What? The guard is right there?" I point out the man standing, hoping to show him the big flaw in his plan.

"Your guards are spread out widely- something that isn't the greatest but who dares come to the Solon residence? The changing of the guards will commence.... now!" He shoves his watch into my face and I see it's exactly 7 o clock.

I watch as the guard moves away from him stop, true to Sir Pine's words. My mouth drops in shock. How did he know about our rotations? Even I don't know about this. However, I have no time for that thought because Sir Pine grabs my hand and runs.

Quickly, we both learn that I cannot run. I did one year of Physical Training in the Academy and never ran again (besides the night where I almost died). I never liked physical activity, avoided it for as long as I can.

I was quickly huffing and coughing, the unused abdominal muscles screamed from use after years of idle rest. We stop running not even half- way to our destination. I take this as a moment to breathe. He had stopped pulling me and I was able to crouch, coughing loudly.

"Sorry-" Sir Pine mumbles.

Before I can ask- or breathe in- Sir Pine scoops me up and tosses me over his shoulder. My stomach lays over his shoulder and my head faces his rear. He starts running.

Somehow, he's running faster with me on top. I jump on his shoulder and I struggle to breathe as my abdomen bruises on his hard shoulder. I place my hands on his lower back to somewhat stabilize myself.