20-Hunting Tournament 2

My birthday is coming in a month, and that meant that girl was coming soon. She was going to ruin everything I started to build, so I decided to strengthen my relationships with the girls I've befriended, starting with Lady Warrens. 

As the tournament continued, I sat in Lady Warrens tent once more and this time, I was the leader of conversation. I feigned popularity and charisma, somehow getting the girls to laugh along my jokes and listen to my stories.

As the hours passed, I found myself actually starting to like the girls. Yes, before I died they were mean and heartless. But honestly, they were just gossipers and followed whatever Lady Warrens did and wanted. They only dreamt of marrying wealthy and staying wealthy, they are simple minds. I couldn't fault them in seeking security. Lady Warrens had the connections and they wanted to live a peaceful life.

But as I sit here, making Lady Warrens laugh and smile, I see the other girls warm up to me. They ask me questions about the Academy, how it was to be the first female Master, of any curses that were mystic or horrific. They wanted to know more about me and I learned much about them.

Lady Warrens is the boss of the group. She is naturally very pretty, she gains the attention of the room and she can calm and start a riot with a sentence. She is intelligent and knowledgeable in many fields. She is a perfect candidate for any man to marry, and she knows it. She knows that she commands the social circle, and yes it has gone to her head. She is Ivan's cousin after all. But, even with all of her faults and her strengths, her greatest strength is her loyalty. She knows she can use the girls around her, but she still cares for them. She will do anything to make sure her friends live a good life, speaking of eligible bachelors and setting them up. 

I need to find a way to use her loyalty for my own benefit. If I can help her in some way... she will be indebted to me. She will protect me from Catherina and maybe even the Prince. I need more information on her, but that will come with time. 

Lady Perks is a pretty but bland. girl. However, behind her unassuming face, she is often Lady Warrens angry dog. She is quick to anger and has trouble hiding her thoughts. You can read her thoughts through her face, expressive as an actress on a play. I admire the fact that she doesn't care one can see her thoughts, while I am forced into stoic expressions. 

Lady Down is silent, often just watching the exchanges occur. She will keep her head down and play with the lace on her dress. Once in a while she will speak, asking a question for clarification. Most of what she says is insightful. She has a peacefulness to her, and I seem to gravitate to standing next to her at times, to be in a quiet zone.

Lady Accott has a loud personality. She doesn't hide her emotions, freely crying of joy or sadness. She will hold onto you, holding your hand or arm as she tells a story or listen to yours. Her eyes are wide and glitter with excitement and naivety. I still wish I had her expressive freedom. She's young, but not the youngest.

Lady Horla is my favorite person there. She still makes sure to be near me. She has a heart of gold and proudly throws compliments at me, to the point where it gets embarrassing because I don't hear much praise. She reminds me of a little sister, a good little sister who wants to be like her older sister and copies her. I find it humorous when I see her imitate the way I hold a cup or sit.

The ladies and I have grown close, a thing that brings me much relief. If I cater our friendship some more, the social circle is mine and Catherina will not tear me down that way. Surely since I was their friend first, they will stick to my side. All I need is to befriend Warrens some more.

When Lady Warrens stated that she was going to go for a walk in an area reserved for tiny creatures and such, I stood up and asked to accompany her. She nodded and reached out to hold onto my arm before we started our walk.