30- Breaking His Curse

I trudge back to my room after meeting up with the Master of Elemental Magic. That man can talk someone's ear off, but he is nice. He blabbered me into his office, we talked of absolutely nothing and drank some imported tea. Luckily, I was held hostage for a mere hour before he left to teach a class. 

I check my watch, knowing that I would be meeting with Sir Pine. I told his brother, Duke Driscol that I think I found a cure. That is surely why he came to my lecture, but a student had asked a question and he disappeared with the crowd. Once I teleported to my office, I see that my friend was already waiting for me.

Sir Pine is seated at a chair, reading a book of mine, a fictional book and not one made for academics. His long legs are hanging over an armrest and his head is hanging off with the book held in the air so he can still read. I clear my throat and he looks at me and quickly walks to me.

"Is it true? Can you break it?" He asks, face pulled forward into concern. I grab his hands and nod.

"I believe so." I smile and a knock breaks our silence. I look to my door and wonder who it could be. I motion for him to hide as I walk to my door. He follows me, choosing to hide behind the door as I open it.

In front of me is the Prince. "Master Solon!" He smiles, rays of sunshine smacking my face. His blonde hair, reflecting the light and making it stronger in my eyes. I blink quickly to block the light. 

"Prince Aiden... to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Well..." He starts but then shakes his head. "I just wanted to announce that my first day went well today. I- I was wondering if you were busy. I would love to continue our conversation from a few nights ago."

"I'm sorry, Prince Aiden. I'm actually quite busy and cannot be disturbed."

"Oh," he sighs and looks as if I've hurt him. I don't know what I did or if I should be the one to console him. I don't want to leave the Prince sad and slowly hate me, I need him in the future. I clear my throat, I guess I have to do something.

"We can-"

"I won't be a bother." He cuts me off. "I can finish my paperwork as you do what you need to do. You won't even see me."

"Prince Aiden I-"

"Aiden. Please call me Aiden." He steps forward and grabs my hand. I step back at the sudden intruding of my personal space.

"Prince  Aiden, we must maintain a professional relationship. You never know who will hear us." I insist. "Besides, I said I was busy. I cannot be disturbed."

He reaches forward and grabs a strand of white hair, the tug on my hair feels weird and I don't like how he is touching me. "Then in private? I- I must admit I- what?"

"She said she is busy." A rough voice speaks over my head. I feel Sir Pine's body heat warming my back.

"Why are you here?" The Prince asks, letting go of my hair.

I suddenly feel very caged with the two men locking me in place. I need to break this now. I don't like being crowded with men taller than me. 

"That is none of your concern." I say.

"If you're breaking the curse, let me help. It's best to have another person. My mana is strong and you need my help." The Prince steps forward and I stand firm. I sneer at Aiden, not a prince in my eyes but someone who dares questions the strength of my mana. I snap at the lack of respect the Prince is showing his superior.

"I am the Master of Ancient Magic. have more mana than you. Do you think I lack the qualities to break a curse because I'm a female and I need a man to help me? Do you think you're better than me because you're a Prince?" I snap at the Prince. His eyes leave Sir Pine and widen when he realizes his mistake.