20 ~ Pomefiore's Housewarden

Someone knocked on Yuu's door a few times. She ignored it. She knew who it was.

"Yuu, I know you're in there."

The last thing she wanted to deal with was Vil. She'd ditched the club and had stopped going to classes for about a week, spending every moment she could with Azul. She had even stopped returning to her dorm.

But last night, she'd finally returned; Azul was doing alright, coughing up smaller amounts of ink with each passing day. She finally felt that she could trust him with the twins and returned to her dorm.

That didn't mean that she was prepared to face Vil's wrath. Just the thought of the schoolwork she'd have to make up made her tired and frustrated, and imagining Vil telling her off on top of all of that didn't help in the slightest.

"I'm going to come in," his voice said from the other side of the door.

"It's impolite to enter someone's room without permission."

"May I please come in?"

She stayed silent. "I'm not going to yell at you, Yuu," he spoke again.

'Yeah, right.'

But she complied, swinging the door open with a swish of her magic pen. "Thank you." He pulled out her wooden chair from her desk. "May I have a seat?"

"Knock yourself out." She ran a hand through her hair, trying to make herself look somewhat presentable. If she got a lecture on her appearance as well, she was going to lose it.

Vil was silent for so long that it was beginning to get uncomfortable. One of her roommates had even walked in, though quickly backtracking upon recognizing the tense atmosphere after giving the two her regards.

"How has Azul been?" He asked at long last.

Yuu raised an eyebrow. "Fine. Why do you care?"

"Can't I inquire about the well-being of one of my fellow housewardens?"

"Yeah, but I don't recall you caring for Riddle or Leona."

Vil let out a sigh. "Well, that aside, I'm more curious as to how you're doing. I know this whole ordeal has been taxing on you as well."

"Fine. Just tired. And stressed 'cause I'm a week behind on stuff. But other than that, fine."

"I'd be more than happy to assist you with your schoolwork if you ever needed it," he offered.

Yuu raised an eyebrow and Vil added, "You're a member of Pomefiore. It's my duty to assure all of my fellow dormmates have what they need to reach their peak potential." He brushed a strand of hair out of his face. "And, naturally, as housewarden, I want to make sure all of my dorm members are doing okay."

"Right, right," Yuu hummed. "Are you gonna scold me?"

"If you'd like me to, I have plenty of things to say," he said sternly. "But I understand that a lot has happened lately, and I can't fault you for any of your actions. I'd just like to know when you think you'll be ready to film again and if you need anything to help you get used to your usual routine again."

"I'm gonna be back to everything like normal on Monday. I just wanted be with Azul over the last week since, y'know, he was coughing up ink every two seconds."

Vil let out a sigh of relief, and Yuu gave him a curious look. "With you back on set, we should have this part of the project wrapped up within the week."

"No kidding?"

"It's difficult to record the final scenes to a movie without the main villainess, you know," he said with a smile.

"Glad to be of service, then," she laughed in return.

In Octavinelle, Azul was laying in his bed, hugging the lavender seashell plush Yuu had bought him. He wished it was her in his arms, but he'd already distracted her from her life enough-she'd spent just about every moment of the last week with him, even at night. He knew he was being too clingy.

But he couldn't help himself. He hadn't fully gotten over his insecurities, and he had to acknowledge that now if he wanted to be in a happy relationship with Yuu. She couldn't leave because of his ineptness.

Yet he had no idea how to go about feeling okay again.