Part 14

"If there's anything else you want to add to the list, it's fine with me." Aizawa said now and I looked at the blank paper and took the pen. I set it down and eyed it for a few seconds and then got to writing. I wrote down the things on the previous list as well as some extra stuff. Aizawa then took the paper and read through it and then I started as I eyed the first thing on the list.

"Um.. the first thing is my window open. And it's in case I have to get out without using the front door. The second, is 20 steps from the door because that's how many our old house used to have and it's a superstition that if I'm too far from the door then I'll be in trouble. So yeah.." I said now and he eyed me. And then we looked down the list some more.

"So you don't like the color white?" Aizawa said now and I then explained.

"It reminds me of the hospital.. I hate doctors and I can't be in a hospital or around them. I also don't get into cars because of the accident. I walk everywhere or skate. I also don't take subways or trains; they're too shaky and cramped." I said now and Aizawa understood.

"And then the mirrors?" Aizawa asked me and I hardened.

"It's from when they had me in the hospital.. I don't want to talk about it." I said now and Aizawa knew it was something bad. We continued down and got to the smell of vanilla.

"If I smell vanilla I might throw up. It's the perfume that women put on at the old foster home. She'd spray it everywhere and it brings back flashbacks." I said now and he eyed me and then went ahead if the next.

"No basements where there's no windows or rooms with locked doors from the outside?" Aizawa said and I nodded.

"The bastard kept me in a basement in the dark when I didn't keep up with chores. So I can't be in a room without a window where I can see outside. I also can't be underground and hate tight spaces like elevators or closets or storage rooms. Even atics might be bad.." I said and he smiled a little at my more openness.

"Then the red apples? You explained to me you think you're cursed, is that really it?" Aizawa said and I hardened fully now and was completely serious.

"Yes." I said now and Aizawa eyed me and smiled some more.

"And carrots?" Aizawa said snickering and I sighed.

"It's gross... and it was all that they would let me eat in that hospital. Steamed carrots with a side of mash potatoes and a single thing of bread. Carrots were just the one veggie I hated." I said now and Aizawa laughed. I lightened up a bit and we continued.

"So no touching your post-it-notes, shoes, or bags..." Aizawa said and I spoke now.

"I don't let anyone touch my shoes. They're the last pair I've been wearing for like 8 years." I said now and Aizawa eyed me with wide eyes.

"Uh... do you want a new pair?" Aizawa asked and I held a tired expression.

"No. They're mine. And so are my bags.. I have things in there like Davy's letter I don't want others touching. Then my post-it-notes are because I keep things a certain way. If you touch them I'll get frustrated trying to figure out where everything is. I remember every note where I put it so don't move it." I said now and Aizawa understood. It was one of my many peeves.

"Then don't ask about the scars.." Aizawa said now and I nodded. He sighed and continued.

"Even if I was dying, don't bring me to the hospital? Really, Rey?" Aizawa said and I nodded adamantly with furrowed brows.

"If you were dying, and that's a big if.. I'd bring you to the hospital." Aizawa said and I frowned menacingly.

"I will go ballistic if you do. So expect me running the hell out of there or jumping from a fucking window." I said now and he eyed me and saw I was dead serious.