TWENTY

"Why must it be in a dark forest?" Nastu groaned.

"Levy said it was a regular forest before Acnologia was imprisoned and some of his aura seeped out and effected these surroundings." Charla explained.

"Great that just means the deeper we get the darker it will get." Gajeel rolled his eyes.

Don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Ten individuals were chosen for this mission.

Nastu, Gray, Erza, Wendy, Mira, Elfman, Gajeel, Juvia, Laxus and Yukino who came to help considering she was a celestial wizard herself. Let's not forget Happy, Charla and Panther Lily.

"We really should get going guys. The sun is starting to fall" Mira pointed out her and Elfman itching to rescue their sister. Who knows what Lucy is capable of?

"She's right. Let's go in and hope that when it gets darker it means were getting closer." Yukino shivered at the amount of dark magic she sensed. All the twelve dark keys together in one place.

"Don't worry about light" Laxus rolled his eyes. "Worry about all the dark magic lingering around and the effects around here." Everyone fell silent knowing he was right.

"Well we should get going, the less sunlight the more dangerous." Erza started towards the forest everyone else reluctantly following.

—————- Some time later

"Levy said that the entrance to the underground location should be in a cave in the middle of the forest" Gray panted looking pale as everyone else as the effects of the dark magic lingering around began taking negative effects.

"That should be it then" Yukino gestured towards the omnimous looking cave ahead.

"Oh thank god" Happy sighed out in relief barely having the strength to keep balance on Nastu's shoulder.

——————- Some other time later

"What king of things are in that cave" Mira complained as everyone breathed heavily exhausted from many encounters.

"I don't want to know what they were" Wendy said quietly shivering a little.

"Well, were here or almost" Erza spoke out before everyone glanced towards the dark tunnel leading towards a strange light.

"Not again" Nastu groaned as everyone else did. "Let's get this over with" Gajeel sighed before grumbling. "By the end of this I'm hoping to get at least one punch at Blondie."

Everyone gasped in shock as they came through a cave opening where the ceilings revealed the moon over head as the eclipse began.

Though what caught their attention was the giant gold gate at the in the middle of the moon light. Some shivered a little as it reminded them of the gate that led the dragons from the pass into the capital.

"Well well" Everyone jumped as a voice rang out though the cave before three figures stepped forward from the shadows.

"Didn't think you would make it" Lucy smirked leaning more against Zeref's chest as she twirled her red highlight.

"Lucy" Nastu breathed out his eyes never leaving her once warm chocolate eyes now a sinister red.

"Zeref" Elza's eyes narrowed on the dark wizard.

A stiff looking deamon stood beside them in human form before he reached out into the shadows and pulled forward a battered Lisanna on a leash. "Lisanna" Mira gasped tears coming to her eyes at her dearest sister's state while Elfman tried to keep his anger at bay.

Lucy's smirk only grew. "Like my new pet?" She snickered before putting. "Though I've been getting bored of her, I pretty much ran out of ways to torture her." She pouted.

Mira then took a good look at her sister and flinched at the dead look in her eyes. 'She didn't only torture her, she broke her!' She felt anger surfacing but tried to reel herself in at the very thought of Lucy once being her innocent friend being under a spell.

"I would kill her but what's the fun in that, I rather her live with the pain and misery. Wouldn't you agree that a very fitting punishment?" And that thought flew out the window as Mira launched at her to everyone's surprise as they barely had time to react as she morthed into her strongest form a dark look on her face.

"You monster!" Lucy's eyes widened slightly caught off guard as she to stiffen in Zeref's arm as everything went in slow motion.

Faster than anyone could blink a dark ball of energy collided with Mira midway before she was sent back and into the cave walls harshly.

"Mira!" Lisanna called out knowing any blow from Zeref would be anything but light.

Mira groaned from her spot before she spammed out of pain as black fog came from her skin and she returned to her original form.

"Now now can't have you injuring the star of the show now can we" Zeref chuckled darkly before looking up at the moon which was now half a moon.

No one has noticed before but as the moon grew darker the golden door imitated a dark glow and seemed to begin turning a darker color.

"It's almost time darling" Zeref whispered in Lucy's ear making her shiver.

"Of course" She mumbled unwillingly moving out of his embrace. Laxu's eyes narrowed at her sudden movement moving his gaze away from Wendy as she healed Marijane.

"Lucy" Nastu called out desperately as she moved towards the gate the moons fading light shadowing her face as the dark glow seems to get stronger.

Lucy froze before cursing herself for her immediate reaction while Zeref frowned. "What?" Lucy asked coldly continuing towards her destination.

She summoned the container containing the potion of all the ingredients mixed together as she saw the container where it needed to be poured in. 'Almost there.'

"Luce I-I" Nastu took a deep breath trying not to cower out. "I'm sorry" His apology made her freeze midway as she opened the bottle.

"What did you say?" She asked in near a whisper.

"I'm sorry Luce" He smiled bitterly. "We all are." Nastu said his voice filled with sincerity. Lucy's eyes widened as she felt a headache almost dropping the container.

Zeref growled as he felt his influence over her weakening. 'This can't be happening!' His spell has gotten stronger these past years, there is no way a mere boy could break through. Zeref felt a foreign emotion coursing through him.

Rage.

Rage and-

Jealousy
———————————

Sorry guys but I haven't been able to update

Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Till then

Peace out