TWENTY TWO

Twenty two

"Finally free!" Fairy tail tried not to shiver as a dark booming voice rang throughout.

"Are you happy now, 'master'?" Daemon glared at Zeref his red eyes blazing now in human form.

"I-I-"He tried to form a comprehendible sentence while Daemon sneered. "What you're sorry for realizing your feelings for her too late."

His words stumped Zeref. 'Feelings' He truly did have feelings for her and he just literally sacrificed her to a literal dragon.

"I was going to let her be with you you know. As long as you didn't kill her but apparently I should have just made my move." He growled catching the attention of the others.

Even the dragon slayers who were distracted staring attentively towards the shield as the smoke cleared up.

"Well look at that." Everyone's eyes widened as the dust cleared to reveal Lucy in one piece on the ground unconscious some of the diamond's pieces covering her. Sighs of relief were heard throughout before terror replaced it at the dragon's words.

"My meal is finally ready." Zeref cursed silently once again trying to get to Lucy surprised he succeeded. The shield was gone.

Everyone else realized so and went to move towards Lucy but froze as the dust blew away as another roar echoed revealing Acnologia himself.

"Zeref." He faced the dark wizard who was blocking the girl. "It's about time you've freed me old friend." The way he said friend made most shiver.

"Of course it has been quite a while." Zeref answered tensely as Acnologoa's dark eyes narrowed on him studying his strange behavior.

"I would like to have the girl now you're blocking my way-friend." Zeref tensed even more. "Ah yes you have been already free I don't think you also need to consume her soul." Zeref tried to keep the nervousness out of his tone.

Fairytail watched tensely in confusion. 'Why is he defending her?' Erza's eyes narrowed on him.

'Luce is still alive? How?' Nastu couldn't keep his eyes off Lucy a she breathed softly twitching a few times.

"You and I both know its necessary Zeref." Acnologia straightened and seem to grow in size as he glowered at Zeref.

"Don't tell me you actually care for this girl." Acnologia stated distaste coating his words. "Of course not" Zeref tried to deny while Acnologia simply laughed a maniacal laugh.

"You cannot hide it from me Zeref however I can barely care less for your existence and feelings, you have already done your part now it's time to do mine. Now step away from the girl." Acnologia growled warningly the sound shaking the cave.

'Guys, you have to save Lucy and keep her from Acnologia. Her soul is the only thing that can bring him back his full powers that were linked to the spirits.' Levy's voice sounded throughout the cave making a wave of silence overcome them.

Acnologia howled in outrage before launching towards a still unconscious Lucy. Zeref acted on instinct and covered his body with hers before teleporting a few meters away.

Fairytail sprang into action and began attacking acnologia while Daemon sniffed out Lucy paying no mind to Yukino who was following him.

"Come on little red wake up." Zeref tried to wake her shivering form. Yukino gasped as she saw Lucy seemed to grow paler and sweat began breaking out everywhere. She's surprise she's wearing such a revealing outfit as much as she's sweating bullets wearing it.

"What's happening to her?!" Yukino asked trying to keep her attention from the battle to what was happening.

Zeref and Daemon were unfazed by her presence. "It's Acnologia's magic, it's still inside her and trapped in her soul. Acnologia was supposed to consume her soul to get his full powers back but he didn't and it's effecting her badly." Zeref explained while Yukino studied him closely.