SEVENTEEN

God, just watching Ivy's vibrant body just made my heart race like a ticking time bomb

It was like a habit I just couldn't let go of. Even if I kept putting my heart and soul whenever she isn't with me, planning for my wedding in the approaching couple of weeks.

A feeling in my body that just ignited any time she touched me—sending shutters down my spine. It was ill of me to think so highly of her. 

Especially when Heather came by sudden surprise.

I asked her to go with me, yes. But she never responded so I wasn't sure she would. But of course she had to at the single moment my fingers danced around Ivy's mouth that made me want to explore them further for myself with mine.

After all she's done, bringing me out of my shell and being my riveting muse...I was more confused than ever.

I was comfortable with Heather...but did I really love her? Or was it just an idea of being married and settling down like I always wanted?

Then again, was the idea of Ivy just hopping up on pure adrenaline and a new experience...or did I really want her to scream my name out so blissfully if I gave her one feverish kiss?

No. It was definitely just the adrenaline. Heather loved me. That should only be enough.

"She's definitely a looker isn't she?" The infamous Jake Johnson commented, standing next to me.

Figured he'd say something like that.

I didn't entirely hate his statement. I mean, the man was only being honest here with how she always carried herself and looked, especially tonight. But the way he kept ogling her since they met and ignoring me whenever I pretty much spoke while flashing her off in my face—as if he had her under his spell already, annoyed me to no end.

At the same time, Ivy was a single desirable woman. 

She could have any man she wanted and I was just being a sour puss about the whole matter.

Though this was just a potential business deal. Yet, it was like she was nothing but a mere piece of meat to him in my opinion. I didn't trust it.

His brother was always shifty eyed too the way he always kept checking out Victoria at the bar when I first saw them years ago. I couldn't put my finger on it exactly yet, but they just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

"She is beautiful—but I don't really try to pay much attention. If you haven't heard yet, I'm-"

"Engaged. I know. Met your lovely bride-to-be at the dessert station indulging in all our macarons. She was kind enough to leave one for me though." He replied, chuckling.

Now he was meeting my fiancé without me? She had nothing to do with our possible professional music career he banked on—she didn't want to. 

Nodding shyly, knowing good and well it'd be best if we just clear the air now alone, I didn't want to dance around things anymore. I needed to get to the bottom of all my doubts and see what this man's all about.

"What do ya really want from us Jake?"

Widening his eyes a bit, he laughed again and shrugged. "What do you mean? I want stardom for you guys. Give one who is often overlooked or undermined, a chance for a huge opportunity at their dreams. Why so skeptical?"

"Never said I was."

"Well you're not too fond of me either. I can tell that in a fellow man's eyes." He gestured to me. 

Never said that either.

"I just take a longer time to come around to everyone. I know how Hollywood sometimes works. It's not usually easy as you're making it seem. Now, I'm not saying ya can't stick to your word and make us really big stars. But I don't want ya filling a sweet, loving, kind, and extraordinary woman like Ivy is, head up with all these hopes and dreams—then don't plan on acting on any one of them."

I had to make sure and look out for her, more so than myself.

She was very trusting in others—which I loved about her, but sometimes wasn't always the best choice when it came to some. And according to what she just told me regarding her Dad's untimely murder and her Mom's accident, she didn't need to have any more problems in her life.

"Listen, I can...and I will. I promise." He stared at me closely, before smirking. "But! I'd hate for your fiancé's heart to be broken too."

Okay, that was it. "Excuse me?!"

"Oh come on now, we're both men who know what we like. It's just us here now. You can be honest with me as much as I am with you. We know this isn't just about looking out for Miss Hart's best interest. Now is it? I can see why you like the girl. But I doubt you and your fiancé are usually in the same room, when you're with her. She's got the goods for sure. It'd make many men go wild. But a word of advice, be careful with how you play both sides of the field. As a friend speaking."

Where did he get off trying to decipher me?! I couldn't even do that half the time.

His theory was crazy. Wrong.

I may have a lot of attractions toward Ivy, but to mindlessly be fooling around with her and Heather at the same time—I wouldn't dream of it. I wasn't an unfaithful man. 

It was challenging sometimes to keep up with the one.

"Well as much as I respect your friendly advice—nothing is going on between me and Ivy. We're just strictly...friends and business partners." I smiled at him confidently.

Snickering, he shrugged and nodded. "Oh, of course. That's what your mind is telling you, I'm sure. But do you honestly believe that?" I glared. "Enjoy the rest of your night Mr. Janson..." he walked away and left me to be alone again.

The verdict was in. I still disliked him.

But nevertheless, why was that jerk kinda right?

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Is Jake right after all? Find out next time and I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

See ya next time! :)