THIRTY SIX

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

"Ivy! Sweetheart! It's your man, Jake! Where are you? I thought we were supposed to meet up bright and early here at the studio."

Oh crap! I nearly forgot about that.

I guess the moment my entire family started to bond over the love of music—especially mine for the first time since Daddy thanks to my knight and shining armor, anything else just seemed so trivial.

"Jake! Yes! I am so sorry, you're completely right. I'm only just a bus ride away and I can easily meet up with ya at the studio! Is that okay? Oh, I have much amazing news to tell ya! You'll never believe it, until I see ya in person." I told him happily, excited to fill him in.

He chuckled through the phone, "Oh doll, I can't wait to see you too and hear all about it! But uh, maybe this time ya might want to come by through the security and employee door on the side entrance."

"Oh, really? I thought the front desk always needed to check me in." I pointed out.

It had been that rule since he brought me there to record.

"Aw, don't worry about them. I will sort everything out before you even arrive. The boardroom we're going to be meeting the fellas at is much closer from the side entrance. Just come through there and I'll be more than happy to let you in. We're getting closer to your discovery doll, and I can't wait to show you the final stages of becoming the star you've been dreaming about." He explained.

Smiling gratefully, I nodded. "Of course! Thank ya sir! I'll be on my way."

And with that, we hung up as Joy then appeared in front of me again.

I desperately wanted to speak with Levi more than anything right now, but I guess in the world of showbiz I had better get a move on, before I ruined my own chance that Jake had worked so incredibly hard on for us.

But hey, there was no reason he shouldn't be able to witness it too. This was our work of art after all with his memorable and lyrical words.

"Joy! I have to scram really quick, so I'll need ya to do me a favor please and call Levi and tell him I want to see him again. Here is his number and make sure he meets me at Columbia Records downtown in half an hour." I told her, putting his information down on the notepad beside me.

"Yes ma'am!" She professed jumping onto the front table I was using.

Grinning, I stared back once more at my family still having a blast.

They just wait until I return.

LEVI

Life was nothing but a wasted illusion.

One minute one may think everything is all sunshine and rainbows, but then the next thing they know...they get swept right under the rug.

That was my current state. The world as I knew it stood still and without my Ivy holding me near and close to her heart, there was no way I could ever recover.