TWENTY TWO

"Ya want me to do what?!"

Me and Levi were strolling through the streets of Hollywood early in the morning, heading to work. 

With our coffee and tea in hand from the local cafe, I had just become blind-sighted by the craziest and oddest request in my life.

After deciding to just forget about the whole 'almost kiss' thing since my heartfelt conversation with Rochelle, we became casual again. He never mentioned it, so I would feel I'd only be overanalyzing the matter if I did.

But yet, he was definitely not making it easier done, then said. Especially with this.

"Meet my parents!" He professed. See?! Crazy!

"Levi Theodore Janson, what did I tell ya about smoking that stuff with those bootleggers at the bar?!" I wondered.

It was the only reasoning I could think of as to why he would even ask.

Starting at me briefly with bitterness, he smirked. "I'm not on drugs, little doll! I honestly just need ya help with this! Heather can't go like I thought. She claimed she had to work."

I did feel bad for him, needing to come to me about a thing like this as a last resort. Especially remembering they didn't share the best family relationship—but I simply couldn't.

"Look, as much as I truly like ya and all—I have to just ask ya something I really thought was rather obvious to everyone..." I trailed off shyly. He patiently waited for my next response. "Ya do realize I'm still a colored woman, right?!"

I mean, if he thought differently I'd like to know how.

Grunting and sighing at once, he kept shaking his head. I hated to be the answer he ain't looking for, but my hands were really tied with this one.

"I know what ya are! Hence though, this is why it wouldn't be my fiancé or girlfriend—not that I..." He started to explain as we both tensed up for a moment, locking our eyes together before breaking away. "Beside the point. But still, ya can at least be there as my friend! My really, really, good friend." He shrugged. "This was technically your idea! To patch things up and see if it can be better between us—as in me and my family."

I was glad that it worked, but I still didn't know about this. It was just too sudden. "But I never said to involve me when ya do it..." I tried to express without showing the fear I actually had in me right now, at just the thought.

Levi suddenly stopped us in our tracks—becoming face to face. His vision then stared into mine carefully, letting out an expression of concern.

"Hey, I know ya may be scared too but I can assure–just like I say all the time when we're about to perform. No matter what happens, I'll always be rooting for ya. Just keep ya eyes on me if it helps. I rather have whatever fun I might get into, with ya anyway." He promised.

I didn't know if it was a mix between his convincing and captivating voice, but suddenly nothing else about the ordeal came to my head again and I felt a sense of being safe as long as I had him.

Though, I couldn't guarantee this would work out in my favor.

But if it meant I could make Levi so happy...it was a risk I just had to take.

"Fine, I'll do it." I mockingly let out grinning.

Quickly forming one of his infectious big smiles, he cheered loudly—picking me up with his arms while holding tight to his beverage as I did the same, spinning my body around.

I joyfully laughed hysterically, loving how gentle he always was with me.

Though according to the many off and dirty looks we were now receiving in passing by others, we both pulled ourselves together and away. He then straightened up my attire timidly. "Sorry." Before turning to the group of onlookers to say the same. "Sorry about that!"

I instantly soon felt a pang of sadness now from his warmth drifting away from me fast.

But the even sadder thing about it was according to the world...he had to.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Standing outside of a very quaint and quiet suburban area, with a big driveway for Levi to park—we had finally made it to the last place I ever thought I go to.

His parents' house.

I could see the nerves smothered all over his face. I wanted to do something to assure him it would be fine—but not be too touchy about it in case we were in for the worst.

So taking my hand toward his back, I gently rubbed it feeling all the tension slowly become released as he sighed and stared at me a bit panicked. "You don't have to be nervous." I told him softly.

"I know..." He let out hesitantly.

"And remember, if ya need any help—just let me know what I can do."

"Are ya sure about that?" He replied jokingly while raising his eyebrows in a flirtatious manner, slightly nudging me playfully. I nearly froze at what he definitely was implying. But that even went into a cold silence as soon as we heard the locks began to open.

"Okay, we need to go!" He tried to run.

Yet the door already opened as I quickly tugged his shirt back, facing him to the front again.

"Levi?" We suddenly heard a woman's voice crack.

It was an older woman. Middle aged rather. Her hair all tightened back in a bun. But her skin is not as toned as Levi's, though she did have his nose.

"Hello Mom." He let out, taking a deep breath in. Widening her eyes at the mere sight of him, she then peered over to me as they bulged out even more. 

Yeah, she was surprised to see me alright.

"Well, well, well. Look what the dogs dragged in?" I now heard a chilling man's voice from behind his Mama.

I didn't know what it was or why, but something about hearing it just made my skin crawl for terrible reasons. Like he might have something more up his sleeves...

Peering over to Levi, I can see the paler look on his face that was very different from the one he made with the woman–but still not budging a movement. "Dad."

Eyeing over to me, Mr. Janson then smirked and shook his head. Oh god no. "Nice to know you stuck to your word on coming. Though I wasn't aware of a few other things for our little extra...guest. But please, come on in."

Opening the door wider, him and Mrs. Janson then sauntered back as me and Levi gave each other one last fearful glance before doing as told.

Well, this should be interesting.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Interesting indeed...how do you think his parents will really react? 

See ya next time! ;)