TWENTY

It was now past closing

I was alone after changing out of costume, and Levi seemed bolting to the boys room for quite some time the minute we locked up.

I had been trying to play the next song set on the piano for tomorrow, like I typically started to do to comprehend Levi's notes and melodies better. But even after all the performances I'd done today feeling like I was worth a million bucks, I was still in deep thought of last night's failed attempt with my Mama.

At this point, I didn't know what more I had to do now to convince her.

But with that wishful thinking again, hopefully someday she would finally see things from my point of view and understand how important this all was to me. 

Somehow.

However, me hitting every note practically wrong at this moment no matter how hard I was pushing through it, maybe it wouldn't be by showing her my less than average piano skills.

I surely couldn't do any of this without Levi.

"Oh come on already!" I finally just had to shout out in the empty bar, slamming the keys down distressed.

"Well, well, well. Ya seem to be having a blast..." I suddenly heard Levi's sweet but sarcastic voice from a short distance behind.

Quickly turning around, he was standing a few meters away sneering at me with his arms crossed. 

Giggling with a witty shrug, I shook my head. "What gave it away? My hidden cry for help or my lack of talent toward this thing?" 

He chuckled. "Looks like I'm starting to rub a little off on ya. I kinda like it. But it definitely was your lack of talent. Ya quite terrible if I'm being honest. Probably the worst I've ever heard."

"Jerk..." I muttered jokingly as he laughed once more—rushing up behind me. "Well then how did ya teach yourself how to know all of this so well? I'm all ears, if it means I won't have a chance to mess up your harmonies because of my underdeveloped musical skills."

"Well I don't know how to explain it exactly. It kinda just came to me. I usually just played it all by ear growing up and whatever sounded good, I went with it. Eventually though, I started carefully concentrating on the notes and how to read them myself."

"Was it easy?" I became curious.

"Definitely...not." He uttered out. I groaned a bit. "But don't worry! That was only because I forced myself to read various music sheets of hard symphonies from the greatest minds like Beethoven and Bach. Nothing a pretty skirt like yourself has to worry about if ya don't want to." I began to secretly blush. Stop it, stop it, stop it. "However, the playing part can be. Here, let me show ya..." He then sat right next to me as our shoulders instantly brushed. Smiling shyly, he bit his bottom lip down. "Um...may I?" He held out his hands over mine, before touching.