Chapter 2 - part six

3rd POV

"Riddle I'm gonna write on the notepad if you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all, but why?"

"To write a recipe for disaster... for the rules what else?"

"I mean you could just say them out loud."

"Nope! Writing them down will make me have a clearer idea of what I want to say, that way I won't give you some terrible advice by accident."

"If you insist."

You began thinking of what to write. You needed to give him rules so he could lean on that are very vague so he won't feel limited. It took a hot minute but you came up with something that was good enough.

How do we date? Rules..

1. Dress appropriately for the event.
2. Be respectful, don't cross boundaries.
3. Try your best to enjoy yourself.
4. Be yourself
5. Don't push yourself to doing things that make you feel uncomfortable.

"Alright I'm all done! Here y'a go."

You passed the notepad over to Riddle.

"Thank you."

"No problem! Also I will add that if you don't like the person at the end of the date that's completely fine, a date is to get to know the other and see if you like each other and in some cases it may take more dates then one to know if you want to start dating the person, so like rule 5 says don't push yourself. If you don't like them or if they don't like you that's that and you should both respect that."

"Oh okay thank you, again. I think this will help me."

Riddle gave a light smile.

Suddenly you shot your head to the side, looking upward.

"Holy man!"

You yelled.

"Huh? What?!"
Riddle said in confusion.

"Sorry, I just realized it's already 2 o clock."

"Oh, yeah I guess you have been here for roughly 4 hours, do you need to leave?"

Riddle asked with a slight tilt of his head.

"Actually I do have some errands to do, I gotta go into town to get some groceries since Crowley won't supply our dorm with food and necessities as well as I don't actually have any other clothes then the uniforms I have."

"He WHAT?!"

Riddle, clearly taken aback and shocked.

"Ramshackle is the only dorm without funds so I had to work my ass off to earn money for me and Grim, but I haven't actually went to get more food yet and I now have enough to get some clothes from the second hand store."

You ended your little rant with a sigh. Life here isn't always the smoothest for you and Grim.

"You could always come here for meals if you guys need."

Riddle gave you a worried look.

"Thanks I'll take the offer here and there and it really isn't that bad since me and Grim mostly eat in the cafeteria anyway."

You gave Riddle a nice big smile, then jumped up out of your chair.

"Alright let's go!"

"Huh? Go where?"

"Didn't I say earlier that you need an outfit? Well I gotta go get clothes and groceries anyway so there, two birds with one stone!"

You didn't hide any bit of your excitement, it's been so long since you've been shopping with a friend. Now you've been paid and have enough for some extra things.

"Alright let me just get dressed-"

"No!"

You cut him off. Which got him confused.

"Riddle if you are getting dressed it's into your school uniform got it?! I don't have anything else and don't want to be the only one wearing a school uniform!"

Riddle blinked in shock for a second but quickly regained himself and replied.

"Yes I got it, now let's clean up then meet at the school gate at, 2:45?"

"Yup, sounds good to me!"

You both grabbed the empty plates, teacups and pot to bring them into the kitchen. You then washed your dishes while he moved the table and chairs back to where they belong. You took your leave after saying goodbye to Riddle and the rest of the dorm.

An

That's the end of chapter 2!! I know it was long and there's not really any Riddle and Floyd moment but it'll be coming up, don't worry!
I'll just say in advance that chapter 4 is where Floyd comes in again in case y'all's are wondering. Also this has no real relevance to the story but I've realized I've been writing
sign 🪧 instead of sigh which slightly bothers me but oh well...

-From Max who's being a little potato in bed right meow. :)