Chapter 3 - part three

Ramshackle dorm

You swing the door open.

"Grim! I'm home!"

"(Y/n)! What's for dinner?!"

The little glutton greeted you. Peeking from the staircase.

"Something."

"Eh?! Why's he here?"

Grim asked peeking behind you at Riddle.

"He's having supper with us so put a sock in it."

You gave him a slight glare.

"Hey riddle, let me wash the clothes before you go."

"That'd save me the time, thank you."

He went to the kitchen as you put your new clothes in the wash, along with his. You then walked over to the kitchen to start the food. Riddle started washing the veggies, as you prep the fish.

You looked over and started to realize something. I haven't asked him how he felt! I mean I did help him out I hope but I still don't know his feelings towards Floyd! He may just be doing this to have his peace of studying next week and not because he has any feelings. My boi already has a hard enough time so he probably wouldn't even realize his romantic feelings if he did have them.

"Riddle?"

"Mhm?"

You made sure to look around, thankfully the ghosts and grim were else where.

"How do you feel about Floyd?"

Riddle just about dropped the carrot he was shaving.

"W-what do you mean?"

He questioned, obviously red.

"You're going on a date with him, so how are you going? As friends? As a romantic interest? Or is it only because you want him off your back?"

You asked seriously, as you started to cook the rice.

Anyone could tell he was struggling to answer. I mean he does struggle opening up and this is very much new to him. You started up again.

"You don't have to answer. Just keep this in mind and figure it out yourself and what he means to you. Maybe you don't like him and that's fair however I do think he likes you, even if he has a funny way of showing it. So before you wind up hurting him, know what he means and tell him, the sooner the better. Alright?"

Riddle was silent but managed to give a nod. He's truly like a child in ways, still so much to learn. He's grown up so much since the outburst, I feel like a proud parent!!

~~~time skip a bit~~~

"Grim!! Come to the table!!"

You called and I swear, not even a second later grim was ready at the table to chomp down.
He's truly something.

We all ate with a little chit chat here and there, once we were done we all cleaned up.

You pulled out the little box from the bakery.

"So who would like dessert?"

You asked with a wide smile on your face, its not always that you bring these things home but once in a while is nice.

"Oh me!"

Grim exclaimed, as he was eyeing the little cakes I swear he was just about foaming from the mouth. This little glutton...

"Is that why you ran into that shop?"

Riddle asked cocking his head.

"Yup! I thought it'd be nice."

We sat back down, handing out the mini cakes. Riddle a strawberry shortcake, Grim a Black Forest cake, and the last slice for yourself, a strawberry cheesecake!

We ate, and enjoyed ourselves to the fullest, once we were done it was late and the red head had to go back to his dorm. You handed him his freshly cleaned clothes and walked him out of ramshackle.

Once outside you stopped him before walking him fully out.

"Before you go. I got you this,"

You pulled out a small box, containing the necklace. He took it in his hands and opened it.

"I thought it'd look nice with the outfit."

You added nervously hoping he didn't hate it. Maybe it was too much? You were now starting to over think.

"Thanks, I don't own anything like this. I like it."

He said never meeting your eyes, you smiled.

We continued walking to the mirror. Now ready to part ways, when riddle suddenly turned on his heel, shocked you stepped back has he flung his arms around you in a tight hug.

"(Y/n), thank you for today. I had lots of fun and huh you helped me, so thanks."

He said slightly muffled. You hugged him back.

"Anytime! That's what friends are here for! I'll always be here if you need me! I'm sure the others will help too!"

You smiled, as he nodded. He then shyly backed away and went off to his dorm leaving with a silent.

"Good night."

You decided to take a walk before heading in for bed.

"I truly hope everything goes alright."
You mumbled in the cold air.

I'll be here if he needs me. I'll just have to check up on him Monday after school.

"Child of man."

A voice called.

You smiled at your new mysterious friend. Continuing your night stroll together.

An

Ahhhhhh!!! Finally! Chapter 3 was so fucking long!!! I hope you somehow made it till the end. Now sit back since tomorrow's the big day!!

-Max, who's now craving baked goods!! Curses! 🍰🍡🍦🍿🍮🥧🍩🍪🍨🥮🍫🍧🍭🍬——— 🤤✨❤️