Leo pov

I came inside the big hall where the party was to be held. My men scattered in the hall all over the place. Even one small mistake can cost alot for me. I spotted my target as soon as I entered. Great. He was the person who was soon going to be my father in law and dead. I tried not to look too disinterested in his blabbering. When my mind into thought of where is my future wife. His daughter i am marrying to get revenge on him. Not the very good idea but it was the only way for me to get rid of him. I didn't wanted to hear him tell others how great his buisness was or how hard he'd worked to make it happen. Bullshit. All he did was talk and people believed him. I don't even think it's their fault. When you have power you have everything and people believe you easily. It's this thing about power that everyone wants it but not everyone gets it. I excused myself from them as i went towards the bar. I could see women eyeing me from across the hall but i didn't gave any reaction. It was nothing new. I was sitting on one of the chairs kept at bar slowly sipping my wine when my eyes fell on the girl who just entered the hall. It was her....the girl i saw in the cafe. She looked around for a while and then went to Dawid. My father in law. Is she his daughter? .
"Intresting" a smirk formed on my lips as i saw her. I knew she was here to be played. Never thought it would be me who will be playing with her. A chuckle escaped me as i took my steps towards them.
"Seems like your daughter is here." I said in my usual cold tone. Both father and daughter turned around. She looked at me. Innocence in those eyes showed how less of the world she'd seen. But not to worry . She is gonna see this world. Every dirty deed it did..........with me.
"Oh yes! She is. Honey this is Leo I've told you about. And Leo this is my only daughter Zara" she looks at me and smiles.
"It's nice meeting you Mr Leo" i took her extended hand in mine. It was so small as my hand enveloped her's completely.
"Hellow Ms Zara" i said with a normal face.
She nodded taking her hand back.
"You both can take your time and i will leave you alone" saying that Marcos was gone. I looked at Zara. She was fidgeting with her fingers. She was nervous. I smirked.
"The necklace looks good on you" she looks at me after getting startled by my voice.
"Huh?"
"The necklace i sent at your office" she made and o with her lips and then ran a hand through her neck where the necklace hung delicately. It was my way of showing interest in this wedding. It was part of my plan i clearly don't want to fail.
"Yeah I liked it " she said with a small smile.
"Would you like a drink?" I asked getting impatient at how easy she looked now. It was either she was at ease or she hided her nervousness well.
She nodded her head. "Sure" we went towards the bar. I kept my previous glass on the counter and picked another one. While she just ordered an orange juice.
"Orange juice huh?" I said as a small chuckle escaped my lips.
"Y-yeah i don't drink" she replied. Hmm.
Someone knows how to hide her nervousness.
I took a step forward filling the gap between us when she looked at me. Those shining orbs looking Directly into mine dark ones.
She had a scent of lavander. Totally intoxicating. Stepping close to her now felt like a mistake as her scent set my lungs on fire.
"I feel like I've seen you somewhere" i tensed looking at her. I made sure that noone can see me through my masks. Then how can she say she's seen me. Mistake is the last thing I do.
"Why do you think you've seen me somewhere?"
"Y-your eyes....they look like I've seen them somewhere" a small hoarse laugh escaped my lips. I slowly stirred the glass in my hand which had some red wine.
"Never trust people's eyes darling. They can lead you to the darkest parts of this world." I leaned in closer to her ears feeling the goosebumps on her shoulders. "You are too bright to let the darkness consume you ma'lady" i step back taking a sip from my wine while looking at her expressions. She was still. Just like the environment is at peace before the storm hits and it destroys every ounce of peace that place once had.
I was her storm. And she was my place of peace. She is going to be destroyed and she doesn't even know it.
She finally took in a heavy breath which she was holding for too long.
"W-wh-at do you mean?" I shook my head at her innocence.
"Nothing just...... truth" she was about to speak further when the lights dimmed and a voice echoes through the ball room.
"It's time for the couple dance. So all the couples here today show us your love"
A slow yet romantic melody starts playing.
I looked at Zara to find her already looking at me. Her eyes said she wanted to dance. Well, i am not that bad. I think i am going to fulfill her wishes until they involve me loosing something big.
"Would you like to dance?" I said. My voice slow and delicate. Knowing she's already shocked by my act earlier. It made me smirk.
She looked at me as if I've read her mind. Well i have. She nodded.
She slid her hands in mine. And i took her to the dance floor. Many eyes on me. It's new for them to see me dance. We came at the centre and slowly started moving with the rhythm.
"I didn't knew you could dance" she says with a giggle.