ELEVEN

Jasmin booked a cab and straight went to her home. She was not able to control her tears.

She got inside her home and walked towards her room fastly. Her bhabhi and her mother noticed her. They followed and knocked on the door which was locked.

Jasmin was sitting on the floor with the support of the bed. She was crying badly hugging her knees.

"Jasmin beta kya hua darwaza khol" Her mother and bhabhi were getting stressed.

"Jasmin babu kya hua?" Shanaya asked literally banging the door.

Jasmin controlled her tears. "Mumma bhabhi.......pls..leave me alone........." Her voice cracked a little. "Mai thodi der m bahar aaajaungi"

Her mother and Shanaya looked at each other sadly. "Syd kal wali baat p sad h ye" Shanaya said and her mother nodded.

They went downstairs to give Jasmin, some personal space.

Here Jasmin couldn't think of anything else but..............

FLASHBACK of Yesterday when she came back home after college:—–·

She was passing by her parents' room when she heard something related to her. She wasn't into eavesdropping. But couldn't help and stopped there.

Amardeep(A) and Shanaya(S) were also there.

A : Haa papa yhi shi h hmaari saanu k future k liye

S  : Haa papa

JF: Lekin Saanu maanegi?

JF: Haa beta usse bhi toh pucho

A  : Vo bachi h usse puchne ki nhi bss shi or galat smjhaane ki jarurat h

JF : Haa lekin phir bhi ye bhot bda decision h......Saanu ko dusre desh m rhna h naye tor taareeke nya mahol ye sb vo........

A : Papa........ M aur Shanaya h na uske sath, usse koi problem nhi hogi...... Aap sb jaante h USA se achi opportunities puri duniya me kahi nhi h....... maine sb soch liya h uski life set ho jaayegi Papa

JF : Hmm syd tum sahi khh rhe ho

JM: Lekin Saanu ekdum se sb kuch chod kar kse adjust karegi

A : Maa kuch paane k liye kuch toh khona padega naa ........ Abhi ye step agar vo legi tbhi future bright hoga na I know shuru m thoda problem hogi lekin ek time k baad usse bhi sb normal lgega jse mujhe aur Shanaya ko hi dekh lo

S : Haa mumma Amardeep shi khh rha h

Jas already had tears till now. She couldn't control more and barged inside the room.

"Bhai m kahi nahi jaaungi" She said controlling her tears. They all were shocked seeing her suddenly.

"Lekin Saanu tu puri baat toh sun"

"Maine sb sun liya h aur Nahi mtlb nhi.....mujhe yhi rhna h apni hi country m apne hi logo k sath ........mujhe apni puri zindagi yhi guzaarni h........... Mai ghoomne phirne k liye Jaa sakti hu foreign but not to get settled"

Amardeep came forward and held her shoulders "Dekh thoda thande dimag se soch emotional hoke nhi haa.......... Tujhe pta h laakho logo ka sapna hota h USA jaana vhaa padhna vha job krna phir settle hona.......and only a few of them gets this chance aur tujhe ye chance mil rha h.........tere saare sapne pure kar sakta h ye mauka"

"Lekin maine aisa koi sapna kbhi dekha hi nhi bhai............. Mujhe jis university se graduation karni thi m kar rhi hu....... Family k sath rhna tha rhh rhi hu...... Jaise dost m chahti thi hai mere paaas..........aur aage bhi maine apne career ko lekar jo sapne dekhe h mai puri jaan lgaakar pura karungi ............lekin jo chiz m chahti hi nhi vo............m"

Shanaya came forward "Jasmin tujhe apne bhai bhabhi p bhot proud h na vo USA m settle ho gye dream job kar rhe h toh phir tum aisa kyu bol rhi ho"

"Exactly bhabhi mujhe aap dono p proud h kyoki aap apni dream life jee rhe ho.......... Lekin sabka dream same nhi hota h bhabhi"

"Saanu mujhe pta h tu mummy papa aur apne dosto ko chodkar nhi jaana chahti isliye aisa khh rhi h" Amardeep said side hugging her.

"Nhi Bhai aisa bilkul bhi h I swear......... Aur rhi baat family aur dosto ki toh mujhe aage ki padhayi Delhi se karni h toh mujhe Pune chodkar family aur friends se dur toh vse bhi jaana hi padega na kuch mahino baad"

Amardeep sighed "Papa ab aap hi smjhaao isse" He left the room, Shanaya followed him.

Jasmin looked at her parents with hopes. Her father came forward and the three of them sat on the sofa. She held their hands.

"Saanu tu jaanti h na mujhe Amardeep aur Shanaya pe kitna proud h" Her father said.

Jasmin nodded her head.

"Toh tu kya nhi chahti ki hume tujhpe bhi utna hi proud ho" Her mother caressed her hair.

"Haa lekin mumma papa......"

"Jasmin tu USA Jaa rhi h vo bhi ek hafte baad" This was the first time her father called her Jasmin and not Saanu. After that he left from there.

She didn't say anything after that.

"Saanu ye sb tere ache k liye h tu smjh hmaari baat.......... Amardeep aur shanaya rhenge na tere sath"

Jasmin nodded and went back to her room.

After her father said that line she tried to mentally prepare herself for whatever her family was asking her to do. She emotionally controlled herself to not to break herself internally.

At night all she could think was about how she would live without her parents. One more thing was bothering her. How is she going to tell about all this to Aly. How would he react. How she would be able to leave him like this.

So she prepared herself to spend the last week in India with Aly and her parents.

She washed off all the sad thoughts and went to college next day with a normal mood. She hid her emotions and thought of enjoying these last moments here.

When Aly confessed his feelings for her she was really overwhelmed and wanted to hug him so badly. But then she remembered that she had to leave him, she had to leave everything behind and start a new journey.

If she gives him positive signs now then he would surely get hurt later. So she decided the opposite and did something which she haven't imagined even in her dreams.

She acted to hate him. But her tears were real. She was crying that she was going away from him.

She was feeling more and more guilty after saying every single word to him.

FLASHBACK ENDS

Right now she was in her room sitting on the floor. She lied there only when her body lost its strength after crying this much. She had somehow held back her tears yesterday but she brokedown more today. She hugged herself and cried more remembering what she did to him. How badly hurt he would be.

ON THE OTHER SIDE

After she left, Aly couldn't help but cried and cried. After an hour or so he somehow gathered himself and drove home.

Entering home he directly went to his room without being noticed by anyone.

He sat on the floor with the support of bed and again he broke down into tears. Her words were again and again echoing into his mind 'dur rhh mujhse'.

Crying badly his inner strength couldn't hold him and his body curled up on the floor.

'He messed up everything. She would hate him now. How is he supposed to live without her.' These were the things roaming in his head.

Both of them were going through the same kind of pain. Pain of going away from whom they can't live without.