Chapter 4

Needle and the thread, gotta get you out of my head.

Needle and the thread, gonna wind up dead.

"Shawn, you can't just sit in my class! Do something," Mr. Phillips, the music teacher, yells at me.

I grumble in response but I put my songbook away. I look around the room and spot Samantha at the piano. She sits all alone in the corner.

I walk over to her and sit next to her. She smiles at me before returning her attention to the piano keys.

"What are you playing?" I ask.

"Hallelujah. It's my favorite," She replies. I notice the sparkle in her eyes as she talks about music.

"How do you play that?" I ask.

"Like this," She says, pressing different notes, slowly. I try to mimicking her but fail miserably. She lets out an adorable laugh which I can't help but smile at. "Let me help you."

She grabs my hand and guides my fingers to the right keys. However, Im not paying attention. Im looking at her face. The way her eyes crinkle when she smiles. The dimples on her cheeks.

Stop Shawn!

I shake my head to get rid of these stupid thoughts. I immediately pull away from her grasp and sit on the opposite side of the bench.

Samantha looks confused and I couldn't help but notice disappointment in her eyes. She looks at her lap awkwardly but says nothing.

"O-okay then," She stutters, not knowing what to say. "What's that?"

I pull my songbook closer to my chest, out of her view. "Nothing," I say harshly.

"Why do you do this all the time?" She says throwing her hands up.

"What?"

"You- you act all nice and then a split second later, your all moody and rude," She says.

I scowl and flee to the practice room. Samantha however, is right behind me. I manage to shut the door before she can come in. I press my back to the now locked door and slide to the floor.

"Why Shawn?" She whispers through the thin door. "Why won't you let me in?"

At that moment, I knew she wasn't talking about the practice room. But I was not going to let her in. Not after building my walls for so long.

A/N
Why are you such an ass Shawn? hope you liked the chapter! Thanks to those who have been adding this story to their reading list. It would mean a lot if you vote and comment! It really motivates me. Peace!