Chapter 5

You watch me bleed until I can't breathe. I'm shaking, darling up to my knees.

I close my songbook and stretch my hand out. Im really liking this song. Of course, no one is going to listen to it.

It's been a week since my little episode with Samantha. We haven't even looked at each other since. At least I haven't, I mean.

I run downstairs to see Aaliyah eating strawberries on the couch. I try grabbing some but she swats my arm away and I frown.

"That's not very nice," I pout.

"I know," She smirks.

I squint my eyes and a slight grin appears on my face. "Im going to tickle you again!"

Her eyes widen and she squeals as I pounce at her. She runs away, taking the strawberries with her.

I chase her around the couch until I finally grasp her hips, halting her. She lets out snatcher squeal as I begin tickling her.

"Okay! Okay, I surrender," she falls back into the couch. She hands me the strawberries and I plop on the couch next to her.

"Watcha watching?" I ask as her eyes become focused on the TV screen. I grab a strawberry and bite into it.

She turns to face me and says, "Shawn?" I hum in response. "You should really start sing in front of people. Like the Internet."

"No, plus I'm not even that good," I shake my head.

"Okay fine," She sighs.

~

I start to hum the song I'm currently writing as I walk home from school. I still need to figure out the chords to my guitar to fit the song.

I continue down the street, maybe about a 10 minute walk to my house. I hear a small thump and a curse word come from behind me.

I ignore it and walk faster.

"Hey!" A girl's voice yells. "Help!"

I turn around to see a small heap of clothes and blonde hair on the floor. Furrowing my eyebrows, I walk closer to see Samantha clutching her ankle.

She has scrapes on her elbows and knees, which are bleeding. I jog the rest of the way towards her and she looks up from her ankle.

"What on earth did you do?" I ask.

"I- uh, I was trying to catch up to you but I fell. My ankle hurts really bad," She says sheepishly.

I chuckle and shake my head. I crouch down to be level with her throbbing ankle. I wince at how painful it looked. Then, I immediately grew concerned.

How is she going to get home? I don't know what she did to her ankle.

Im no good at this medical stuff.

"Can you walk?" Dumb question, Shawn. She shakes her head.

With no other option, I scoop her up, bridal style, with ease. She is so light.

"Where are we going?"

"I need to get you cleaned up. My house is about a 10 minute walk from here," I respond.

"Where do you live?" She asks.

"Bluejay Lane," (random street)

"Really? Me too," she replies. We reach my house a few minutes later and I ring the doorbell. Aaliyah should be home but my parents are still at work.

Aaliyah opens the door with a confused expression. Probably wondering why I'm carrying an injured blonde girl in my arms.

"Can you get the first aid kit?" I ask as I place Samantha on the kitchen counter. Aaliyah doesn't question me. But she probably will later.

She comes back with the first aid kit and I look inside. I have no idea what I'm doing. I dig around, looking for nothing.

Aaliyah rolls her eyes and grabs a small packet of wipes.

"What happened?" She asks, cleaning Samantha's blood off her knees and elbows.

"I uh, tripped," Samantha blushes a light shade of pink.

"I can't believe how clumsy you are," I chuckle. Her face turns into a darker shade than before.

Aaliyah laughs. "I don't think you've twisted your ankle bad. But keep off of it, okay?" She says, wrapping up her ankle.

"How do you know all of this stuff?" I ask.

"Soccer," She says simply. I help Samantha off of the counter and lead her to the front door.

"I'll walk you home," I say. She nods in response. We walk out the front door and I hold her backpack for her.

"Is that your sister?" She asks, walking down the sidewalk.

"Yup,"

"How old is she?"

"She's ten," I say. We arrive at her front door step, which happened to be right next to mine. "Wow, so we're neighbors?"

"Ya. Guess so. Thanks Shawn. For helping me. Im such a klutz." She says, grabbing her backpack.

"No problem. Maybe your just falling for me," I smirk. I don't know where my confidence came from. Her eyes widen and she shakes her head repeatedly. I just chuckle and walk back home.

A/N
Long chapter yay! plus i updated the next day. double yay!

Okay, so while I was writing 'of course' i thought about. it makes no sense. Of Course. if you say it a lot of times, it doesn't even sound like a phrase.

Anywhore, its almost 2pm. whoops. Peace!