Chapter 10

I rest my head in my right hand as I listen to a clarinetist squeak loudly, playing her duet with a saxophone player.

Everyone claps as they finish and Mr. Philip stands.

"Next duet is," He trails off, looking down a list of names, "Samantha and Shawn!"

I grab my guitar and stand next to the piano nervously. Samantha stands up too and sits on the piano bench.

"They will be playing Skinny Love by Birdy," Mr. Philip announces.

We both start the intro to the song and I try not o look t all the teenagers staring at me. I look at my guitar and occasionally at Samantha.

"Come on skinny love just last the year," I look over at Samantha who was singing in a barely audible voice. I thought she didn't sing for anyone? What is she doing?

She looks up at me, gray eyes staring into my own. She continues singing and I get lost in her voice.

"And I told you to be patient and I told you to be fine," I surprise myself but join her in the chorus.

She has a wide smile spread across her face and I can't help but smile too. We both sing passionately, forgetting about Mr. Philips or our classmates. It was just me and Samantha.

I strum my last chord and look up at the class. They erupt in cheers and I immediately look down in embarrassment.

"Wow! That was great!" Mr. Philip exclaims. I it back down and look at my lap.

Did I just do that?

A/N
Hey! sorry i haven't been updating but finals are coming up and its all just blah. sorry about the short chapter too. please vote and comment! wow almost 200 reads. thats alot of people. Peace!