Chapter 5: Dancing and coffee

"Why did you let me eat 2 desserts?" I groan to Danny. It feels like my stomach is about to explode. "I'm not a massive chocolate fan, and you love it, it made perfect sense." He chuckles back.

"Be thankful that you have a partner who's willing to give up their dessert for you, I only ever get 1 dessert, Robbie says he has a separate stomach that's sole use is for desserts and sweet things." Lizzie grumbles at me.

"How's the food baby coming along?" She adds, watching as I lean back in my chair and hold my belly like I was 6 months pregnant. "I feel ready to pop" I moan again, "although I agree with the second stomach purely for desserts, no matter how full I am, I can always find room for dessert." I say with a wink.

____________________________________

We moved back into the original room a while ago, i wasn't happy with the whole having to move after so much food thing, and complained the whole time. Fortunately Danny is used to whinging, and provided me with a tummy settling jager.

We've spent the last couple of hours mingling, me following Danny round like a lost sick puppy, repeating the same phrase over and over when being introduced to new people. "Hi (insert person's name here), it's a pleasure to meet you, I hope you're having as good of an evening as we are". Then I pretend to listen as they talk about filming. Occasionally joining in when the conversation moves on.

Right now however, we're standing in a small group, a couple of different conversations going on around us.

"Mind if we steal your girlfriend for a bit." Lizzie asks Danny. He turns to look at me, smirking as he does so. It takes me a hot minute to tear my eyes from the dazzling emeralds that belong to the stunning blonde that stands besides Lizzie.

"Sure" He says "Just make sure to not kill her yeah? Her sister would actually kill me." I scoff but follow the two ladies in front of me.

"You looked like you needed saving back there, we thought maybe you'd like to join us. We've had enough of talking, and have decided it's dancing time." Scarlett says. A real smile graces my lips for the first time in the last 2 hours, I have been waiting for us to be done with the mingling so I could get to the dancing! "Oh thank god" I exclaim "I'm not sure how many more filming stories I could listen to. Why does everyone only want to talk about work?" I ask no one in particular.

We've been dancing in a small group for around 45 minutes when Danny finally joins us. "So this is where you ran off to then". I laugh at his comment, as if he didn't agree to let them 'steal me' for a bit. "I mean, yeah. You we're doing boring work mingling and I was doing the fun dancing stuff" I exclaim "although I really could use a drink now" I say with a pout. "Fine, come with me to the bar and I'll get you a drink". I do an almost happy dance as we tell the group we're going off to the bar.

"So, I sense tension between you and a certain green eyed lady" He teases me as we wait at the bar. "Oh no, you don't get to comment on that. I can't believe you didn't tell me she would be here! You knew I fancied her, how many times have we gone over our top 3 famous people. . . Pretty sure you're never supposed to meet them though." I say the last bit in a whisper, scratching my own head a bit.

"Look, I knew you'd freak out if I mentioned it. Besides, you've done so well! Not an awkward comment in sight so far!" He says nudging my shoulder.

"Yeah, that's very unlike me! Although if you could hear my inner monologue you'd definitely think differently." I admit. "But, it doesn't matter either way. I'm your pretend girlfriend at the moment, and she's a married woman who's straight. We'll get through tonight, then I can go back to pretending that if we ever met, she'd find me irresistibly charming and fall madly in love with me." I joke, smirking up at him.