Chapter 7: Dinner date

I got out of the hospital the day after the accident. Scarlett and I had been messaging each other over the following days and arranged to go for dinner. It seems to have snuck up on me though. I feel like one of those people that panic buy at Christmas, you know the ones, they don't start shopping until Christmas eve and are always surprised when you tell them Christmas Is next week, like it doesn't fall on the same day every year?! Anyway, I digress. . .

"Danny!!!, Skyyyyy!!! Help me!" I shout through the house as i sigh out dramatically "I have NOTHING to wear".

"Are you really still freaking about this?" Sky asks as she walks in my room, eyebrows raising as she surveys the numerous outfits ive tried out and then subsequently discarded onto the floor.

"Oh shut up Sky, we can't all be cool as a cucumber like you. I'm pretty sure you were born chill!" I shoot back, I swear this girl could be held at gunpoint and she wouldn't break a sweat, in fact, she'd probably end up having a beer with the guy!

"Would you like some help?" She asks. No, no Sky I just decided to empty my wardrobe on the floor and go for a lucky dip outfit. What the hell do you think! I scream in my head, I do not have the balls to say that to her, I love her, she loves me, but I do not doubt that she'd kick my ass. "Yes, Sky, that would be awfully helpful" I deadpan as I fall backwards onto my bed.

"What's wrong with the outfit you bought specifically for this?" Danny asks. I shoot him a glare causing him to throw his hands up in defence. . .He just doesn't get it. It could've been the perfect outfit last week, but now I'm over thinking, so nothing looks good, I just need someone to take charge and give me a couple options to choose from, why doesn't he get this? Thank God for sky.

Danny and Sky spend the next few minutes pulling together 3 outfits for me to choose from. "That's it, that's the one", Sky says. "Yes, but change the shoes, let's go with the red heels instead of the black, give it a pop". Danny decides, handing me the red ones to try on.

Wow, he's right, I've got a fitted navy suit on, with a sheer black top, the red heels really do make it pop though, the jacket helps to cover up the cast on my arm, so i'm happy with that.. Now just for my necklace, earrings, watch and bag to accessories and I'm good to go.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" I rush out excitedly, "what would I do without you 2?" I ask, genuinely grateful for them both right now. "Um, probably cancel dinner? Or go looking so bad that you'd wish you'd cancelled dinner?" Sky sasses back as she walks out the door, stopping to send me a cheeky wink. "I assume you're good to accessorise all on your own, or do you need mummy and daddy to help you with that too?" She chuckles and dodges the pillow I launch at her face. "You're lucky you helped me pick an outfit, and that I don't want to get it messed up right now, or I'd kick your ass!" I shout after her, feeling brave now she's not in the room. That is until I see her face peek round the corner of the door frame, all she does is raise an eyebrow at me. . . "Umm, I mean, thanks Sky, you're the best." I say nervously giving her a double thumbs up and sheepish grin, slowly moving behind Danny.

"Too easy" She chuckles as she flips her hair and walks off.

"Shut up you" I say as I slap Danny on the back of his head for laughing!

____________________________________

I'm meeting Scarlett at the restaurant at 7pm and I am way too nervous, I'm genuinely considering doing a couple shots to settle my nerves, but that would be bad right? I'm like a fricking teenager going on her first date right now. And this, this isn't even a date, it's just 2 almost friends going for dinner, where 1 fancies the other. Hold on, I'm living the cliché almost, you know the one, where the gay girl falls for the straight friend, pretty sure they always end in disaster too, especially when said friend is married!