Chapter 8: Park drama

After dinner, we decided to go for a walk around the park. Scarlett told me more about her relationship, how things just fell apart with Colin, he wasn't pulling his weight with the kids, and used work as an excuse to not be around when it mattered. 

"Is there something wrong with me?" she asks as we sit down on a bench near the lake. 

"What? Why would you ask that?" 

"I've been married 3 times, and I'm going to be divorced 3 times, that can't be a coincidence, I'm the common denominator" She says sighing.

I'm taken aback a bit by that. That this strong, confident woman has those kinds of insecurities. I've always seen her as the strong, independent, one who doesn't let anything anyone says or thinks get to her. But here she is, walking around a park in the middle of the night, thinking she's not enough. I put my hand on her leg as I start my response.

"Hey, no, you don't get to do that. There is nothing wrong with you, you could've been  married 20 times and there still wouldn't be anything wrong with you. Sometimes things just don't work out. You're Scarlett fucking Johansson, fuck what anyone else says or thinks." 

"Yeah, you're right." She says, turning to face me fully "Just a moment of weakness there" She concludes, throwing the shredded leaves she was playing with at me. 

I look at her in disbelief "you did not just do that" I say, grinning like crazy. "We were totally having a moment, and you, you ruined it" I accuse, huffing and folding my arms in fake annoyance.

"Oh, a moment?" She asks "wow, was Cam your first and last date Harley? I mean, you must really not get out much if you chalk that up as a moment" She scoffs, amusement dazzling in her eyes. Looks like she's over her moment of vulnerability and is back to teasing me. 

I scoff "I've had plenty of dates, thank you very much."

"OK, let's play a game. I ask a question and we both have to answer it, then you get to ask a question that we both have to answer. Deal?" She asks.

I laugh at this, "I'm not some sappy teenager who wants to play 20 questions, but sure Scarlett, if you wanna play, let's play" I challenge. 

"Right. What was the length of your last relationship, and when did it end" She asks all smug, I already know her answer, it's Colin. "Oooh, playing dirty already Johansson" I joke "OK, OK, don't judge" I warn, shooting her a glare, which she holds her hands up in surrender to.

"So, it was probably 4, maybe 5 years ago, and it lasted around 18 months" I say, pretending like i don't know the exact details. 
She looks at me quite shocked "what" I say "I said no judging" I groan out, rubbing my face, pushing myself more into the bench.

"No, no, I'm not judging, I'm just surprised is all. Why haven't you dated in that long" She asks.

"Uhm" I say, clearing my throat "you had your question, it's my turn now, I already know your answer to that question! Now what to ask" I say, drumming my fingers against my chin, side eyeing her. "Hmmmm, you didn't play fair, so, maybe I'll make it awkward for you." I start, an evil grin on my face. "When did you last have an orgasm?" I ask. Her eyes widen as she just looks at me. "What?" I exclaim "you ask me an awkward question, I'll ask you one. Maybe now you'll think your questions through before you ask them" I sass.

She just shakes her head at me. "Umm, well, I last had sex when I was back in LA, so probably 4 months ago" She says sheepishly. 

"Are you purposefully not answering the question, or were you too shocked that I asked it that you didn't take it in fully?" I say, arching my eyebrow at her. She just looks confused, so I decide to try again.