Chapter 12: Friends and flirting

Harley's POV:

'So, what happened? Did you guys fuck? It totally looked like you were about to fuck!" Danny almost shouts.

Scarlett and Lizzie left all of 10 minutes ago, I'll be honest, I'm surprised he waited this long to interrogate me.

"No Danny, we didn't fuck. Jesus." I reply, plopping myself on the sofa.

"OK, then what happened? Because when we left the room, it looked like you wanted to kill her, and she looked like she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her whole."

"Well, we kinda talked for a bit, she confused me more than anything, and I got annoyed at that, and she kept smiling at me, which annoyed me more." I say, trying to explain it.

"Right, so how did it go from you getting annoyed to her pushing you up against the kitchen side and shoving her tongue down your throat?" Danny asks, smirking away as he dodges the cushion I throw at his face. 

"Always so poetic with your words eh? I don't really know, she just walked towards me as we were talking, then from nowhere she was in front of me, I had nowhere to go. Then she just… kissed me." I genuinely can't work it out myself, it happened, but how? Your guess is as good as mine at this point.

"And you allowed her to? After everything? You just kissed her back?" 

"No, I, I, I mean, I guess I did, yeah". I reply as I sink further into the sofa crossing my arms over my chest.

"Have you forgiven her? Are you like, dating now?" Danny asks. 

This causes me to shoot back up, sitting straight on the sofa, ha straight…. Not the time Harley. "What? No, no Danny, we're not." I sigh as I realise I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and tell him everything. I cross my legs and hug the pillow I didn't throw at Danny to my chest. "After you guys left, we kinda picked up where we left off. But then we stopped before it got too far, I wanted to talk it all out, so we kinda did." I look across to Danny to see his reaction, he's just sat there looking at me, he gives me a nod and a small smile to tell me to carry on. He doesn't look too pissed yet, so I continue. "We talked more about that night and what happened, we both apologised again. Then we talked about today, she said she didn't regret kissing me, and I said that I didn't regret kissing her either." 

"Oooooh, its getting juicy now, are you guys going to see each other more? Go on a real date?" He asks. I throw him a glare, "pretty sure I wasn't finished talking yet Danny boy… But, I don't know, maybe we should just be friends, you know? With everything that's gone on, I'm not sure anything more than that would be realistic. I mean, she doesn't know what she wants, she's never dated a woman before and it's just…" I start spiralling until I feel strong arms wrap themselves around me as Danny pulls me onto his lap. I melt into his chest and take a deep breath, he always smells so nice, and safe, just like home. "Hey, it's OK, I got you, whatever you want to do, whatever you need from me, I'm here, always and forever." He mumbles into my hair. "Always and forever" I say back. We sit for a couple of minutes in silence until he breaks it.

"So, you're scared?" He asks delicately.

I glare at him then sigh, "Maybe."

"Of what?" 

…..

"Are you scared that she doesn't like you? That you're just an experiment? Or are you scared that she actually likes you and you actually like her, which means real feelings and real connections?" He asks.

I just grumble on his chest, shoving my face in deeper. Why does he always have to do that? It's like he can read my mind, or we're just too similar that we think the same way.