Chapter 18: What are friends for?

Morning after

Harley's POV:

I'm woken by a gentle rocking motion that seems to get more aggressive by the second, it kinda feels like I'm on a boat and the waters are getting choppier. This is not helping the seasickness I'm feeling.

“Har, for the love of God, move your fat ass!”

Wait, what? I slowly open my eyes and realise I'm in my room, not on a boat. There's also a body underneath me.

For a split second, my brain goes into overdrive. Fuck, what happened? Tell me I didn't take a random woman home with me.

“Oi, dickhead, get the hell off of me, you're a thousand degrees and I need to pee!”

I groan as I move my head up to lock eyes with Sky. My racing heart suddenly calming down and returned to a normal pace. I nuzzle the side of my head further into Sky “mmmm, but you're soooo squishy and comfortable, 5 minutes more?” I say, rubbing my head on her collarbone to get comfy again.

“Sure, if you want me to wet your bed?” I groan and begrudgingly roll off Sky. The movement doing nothing for my seasickness. . . Wait, no boat, means no seasickness, yay. This is a hangover. I groan some more and pull the pillow over my face. “Skyyyyyyyy, I'm dying! Bring me water please? Oh, and the strongest painkillers we have. It feels like someone is continually smashing me over the head with a sledgehammer”

I next awaken to Sky nudging me, showing me the water and painkillers much to my relief. “Thank God, I love you Sky.” I gulp the painkillers down greedily, when a thought comes to me. “Why aren't you dying Sky? You drank as much as me, if not more, and you were high!”

The corners of her mouth start to rug upwards and she's refusing to look at me. I know that look, that's her ‘I did something clever and you haven't worked it out yet’ look. God I hate that look, mostly because I haven't worked it out yet!

“Sky????”

“Did you not wonder why I insisted on going to the bar to get our drinks half way through the night?” She says, looking up at me. “Or why I always insisted that my shot was tequila regardless of what you and Danny got?”

I rub my head, it's far too early to be trying to engage my brain right now. “No Sky I didn't, I don't even remember that. . .I think. Maybe. Vaguely?”

“Yeah, I switched to fizzy pop and water shots. Sorry. . . . . Not really sorry.”

She sits staring at me as i rub my hands down my face. “Nooooo, Sky, why??”

“Also, why didn't you just switch mine to water? I doubt I would've realised!”

Swatting my arm she replies “I did! Like, three quarters of the way through the night. I'm pretty sure you'd be getting your stomach pumped right about now if I hadn't. You're welcome by the way.”

“Also” she pauses, kissing my head and getting up to leave, “You stink hunny. Just saying.”

At that, I throw my pillow at her. “if I wasn't dying, I'd kill you!” laying back down I groan. My pillow, noooo, I'm an idiot.

“Sky, gorgeous, beautiful person that you are. The light of my life. . .please give me my pillow back? I'm all but begging on my knees here.”

I look up to see Sky in the doorway, she walks over, handing me my pillow back. “You're lucky that I can't resist how pathetic you're being right now, makes me want to just snuggle you up and baby you all day.”

“Yes to all of it apart from the last bit. I'm not a baby.” I grumble out, smashing my head into my pillow like the mature adult I am.

“You're my baby” She says, ruffling my hair, causing me to groan some more.