Chapter 11: Morning coffee

Harleys POV

It's Saturday and it's 9:50am. Scarlett is due to arrive in 10 minutes, I'm officially regretting all of my life decisions and freaking the fuck out. Why did I let Lizzie convince me to talk to her? Maybe she has scarlet witch magic in real life? That's got to be it, because there is no other way I would let anyone other than Danny or Sky convince me to do something I wasn't sure of. She's a real life witch. 

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Shit, that has to be Scarlett and Lizzie. Lizzie told me she was coming too as I had Danny so it was only fair that Scarlett has someone too… again with the scarlet witch shit.

"Hi Harley, come here" there she is, the witch herself! I think as I give Lizzie a hug.

"Hi Lizzie, it's good to see you", I whisper in her ear. As I look behind her I see Scarlett standing awkwardly, I know I need to let go of this hug with Lizzie but I'm scared to. I hate hugs with a passion, but this time I'm more than happy to continue hugging Lizzie. "You'll be fine" she whispers as she stands back. 

"Hi Harley, you, you look good" Scarlett says. I can't help but narrow my eyes slightly at that, what game is she playing? 'You look good'... fuck off. 

"Hi Scarlett. Would you guys like a drink? I was just about to make tea?" I ask. 

I busy myself making myself and Lizzie's tea, and Danny and Scarletts coffee. As they sit down at the breakfast bar in the kitchen. 

"So, I've been dying to know more about what you've been doing in Scotland Lizzie, come on, join me in the living room so I can hear all about it". Danny pipes up after I hand everyone their drinks. Oh real subtle Danny, good to see those acting classes weren't wasted. I narrow my eyes at him as he glances back, making sure he knows his attempt at leaving us alone was a terrible one!

"So" we both say at the same time, we just look at each other with little smiles on our faces at the awkwardness of the moment.

"I think I should probably go first, if that's OK" Scarlett says. I nod my head at her as I stay stood against the worktop away from the breakfast bar, there's quite a bit of distance between us, and I'm glad for it right now. "First off, I just really want to say sorry for slapping you Harley, I don't know what came over me and I'm so, so sorry. Secondly, I said a lot of hurtful things to you, things you didn't deserve and I'm sorry for that too. I have no excuse". She says, looking down at her mug.

"Why? Why did you say those things?" I ask.

She looks up to meet my eyes, I can see the sorrow and the pain flowing from them. "Honestly, I was so mad." I look down as she says this, she was mad that I'd kissed her, I messed up. "I thought I was mad at you, but I wasn't, I was mad at me". She finishes. 

I can't stop myself, my internal monologue just spills out, "mad at yourself? But why? I was the one that kissed you, I shouldn't have done that, I overstepped and I'm sorry for that. I caught you off guard, I took it too far".

She just looks at me, I can't tell what she's thinking at all. She slowly gets up and walks around the breakfast bar so she standing closer to me, but there are still a few steps between us, she doesn't say anything for a few beats, and I'm mighty confused right now. "I could've stopped you at any point, when you looked up at me, when you gave me your jacket I.. I wanted you to kiss me, and I was happy when you did. But I was confused, I got annoyed and angry at myself for allowing you to do that, and I took it out on you, and that was unfair" She says with a slight smile on her face. This just confuses me more. So she wanted me to kiss her, but she got angry at it, what does that even mean?