Chapter 14: Dinner date

Harley's POV:

I wake up and groan, my mouth feeling like Ghandi's flip flop, as I reach for the glass of water on my bedside table as last night's events start to flash through my head. . . I called Scarlet, we flirted, a lot. . . I groan out loud, "Oh god, I sent her a pic of me in underwear." I say as I drag my palm down my face. I take a sharp breath in at the new images surfacing in my mind, holy shit. She showed me her in her skimpy little shorts. Fuuuuuck, she looked so hot! 

____________________________________

I decided to get Danny to drop me off at Scarlett's, so it gives her time to prepare dinner. He only agreed on the promise that I would tell him what happened when I got home. I took the deal. Jokes on him though, I mean, he's my best friend, I would've told him regardless.

As we pulled up at the house, I look down to check my outfit one last time to make sure it looks OK and that I've not gone too smart or too casual. 

I decided to go with a ribbed turtleneck jumper dress that stops mid thigh, with my black belt and black boots to help keep it casual. I decided to leave my hair down and just put some product in it to lift it and give it some added volume with minimal makeup. 

I take a deep breath and lean over to kiss Danny on the cheek, thanking him for driving me.

As i stand in front of her door with a bottle of wine in hand, I take a steadying deep breath in. You can do this, I tell myself, it's just two friends having dinner, it's fine, nothing to be nervous or worried about. . . . Ahhh shit, who the hell am I trying to convince? I shake my head to clear my thoughts as I knock on the door, looking down at my feet.

CREAK, is the only thing that alerts me to the door opening as I'm lost in my own little world. I take another breath and slowly trail my eyes upwards, taking in Scarlett's outfit as I do. Until my eyes settled on hers, signature smirk plastered on her face after catching me checking her out. . . I say catch, I mean, I wasn't subtle in the slightest. Oh well.

____________________________________

Scarlets POV:

I brush my dress down one last time as I stand at the door ready to open it, picking the imaginary lint off of my shoulder. 

With the door open, I take her in. She's looking at the ground, but then I see her slowly rake her eyes over my body. She isn't subtle at all, I think whilst smirking. When she finally looks at me, I smirk a bit more, raising my eyebrow in question. She just shakes her head, laughing quietly to herself.

"Hi." i say

"Hi" She replies. We stand there for a few moments just staring at each other, small smiles being exchanged between us.

"As lovely as your front door step is, aren't you going to invite me in?" She asks, now it's her turn to smirk at me. Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, i slowly step beside the door motioning her in. "Of course, come in, come in. Dinner is still cooking, but it should be ready in 15 to 20 minutes." I walk us into the kitchen as I go to check on the food cooking. "I hope you like Chicken Alfredo, I had a real craving for pasta." 

"I do" She says, mumbling something else under her breath.

"Sorry, what was that last bit?" She shifts in her feet as she looks around the kitchen, looking everywhere but at me. Interesting. 

"What? Oh, uh, nothing, just mumbling to myself" She says whilst giving a forced laugh, her cheeks tinted a slight pink. "Oh, here, I brought some wine for you, I hope you like it", clearly she's trying to change the subject. Letting it pass, I take the wine from her hands and place it in the fridge, thanking her on the way whilst taking out a chilled bottle. "Would you like a glass of this? It's already chilled." I ask.