• NINETEEN •

ZURI

ZURI

I walked down the book aisles looking for the "Romance" section of the library. Emilio is waiting in the car & Geo is somewhere also looking for books.

As I'm looking through the books, I accidentally bumped into someone making me stumble back. A pair of arms wrapped themselves around me & held me. The person's expensive cologne filled my nostrils & I came to my senses.

"I'm so sorry." I immediately said. I looked at the person & a pair of hazel eyes stared back at me in amusement.

"It's fine." His deep voice created goosebumps on my skin.

"Are you okay?" He asked & I nodded.

I cleared my throat & tapped his arms twice letting him know it's okay for him to let go.

"Mariano." He introduced himself & I swallowed.

The only thing running through my mind was Emilio & what he'd do to this man if he found out he touched me.

"Zuri!" Geo called out & I turned around facing him. He stood at the end of the book aisle with multiple books in his hands & stared at us with a risen eyebrow.

"Zuri huh?" The man chuckled & I turned my head looking at him.

"Uh yes." I whispered & he smiled, showing off a perfect row of his pearly whites.

"You're stunning." He spoke smoothly & I smiled.

"Thank you." I whispered.

I looked at the man & analyzed him. His dark curls are put into a messy bun showing off his beautiful features. His tan skin is smooth & clear, faint brown freckles painted his entire face. He is stunning.

My eyes trailed down to his plump pink lips. He trailed his tongue over his bottom lip.

I darted my eyes from his lips & looked into his eyes.

I nervously began chewing on the inside of my cheek.

I looked at his outfit & noticed that we're matching. He wore black Nike sweats with a matching sweater & a pair of air Jordan 11 Retro Breds on his feet.

I wore the same sweats & matching sweater but with a pair of air Jordan 11 cool grey's on my feet.

"Zuri?!" Geo called out again & I cleared my throat.