• TWENTY EIGHT •

!Warning! Brutal content at the end of the chapter

!Warning! Brutal content at the end of the chapter. Do NOT read if you have a weak stomach.
_______________________________

A day ahead.

EMILIO

I leaned back against the hood of my car & watched Mariano from afar, watching him as he walked around the empty & dark park smoking a cigarette.

I watched him carefully, paying clear & careful attention to his every move.

He blew out the smoke through his mouth & looked up at the empty dark sky taking another hit of the cigarette before dropping it on the ground & stepping on it.

He began looking around, as if he sensed someone watching him.

He turned around & instantly spotted me, our eyes locked & a grin formed on my lips.

He scoffed & boldly began walking towards me. The closer he got, the more I could sense the fear radiating from his body.

Once he was close enough, he stopped. I grinned knowing he isn't brave enough to any come closer.

"Following me?" He chuckled & my grin widened.

"Just here for a conversation." I shrugged.

I definitely planned on having more than just a conversation.

"A conversation? I have nothing to say to you."

"Well you see Mr. Rodriguez, that's where you're sadly mistaken." I smiled, slowly pushing myself off the hood of the car. 

I put my hands behind my back & cocked my head to the side, studying his face. I could see the clear fear in his eyes, but he tried to hide it with a blank face.

I took slow steps towards him & he began to take a few steps back. I clicked my tongue & shook my head in disapproval.

"Paolo Marino." I said my father's name & his Adam's apple bobbed up & down quickly.

"Don't know who that is." He lied & I chuckled.

"Yeah? Let me refresh your memory." I smiled. I reached into the back of my slacks & grabbed the knife tucked into my pants.

I smoothly threw the knife at him, directly aiming for his left thigh. The blade sunk into his thigh & he groaned, quickly kneeling on the ground & holding onto his leg.