001. | EXHAUSTED OF TAUNTING

— AFTER HOURS, LANDO NORRIS

LANDO NORRIS was ready to take his phone out, book a flight to god-knows-where, and never return back to this hell on earth place he was right now. He wanted to abandon all of his duties and idiotic friends, whom right now where teasing him once again, and start a taunt-free life somewhere far way.

It had started to become a regular and frequent occurence for the other best drivers in the world, also known as Lando's friend group, to get under his skin. And what's even worse, is that they mostly succeeded. What did they even taunt him about? 

Earlier today, Lando and his teammate DANIEL RICCIARDO had both received an invite for their team's annual inclusive pre-season dinner event. The invite consisted of an entry for the McLaren drivers themselves, and a plus-one if wanted.

However, the 'if wanted' was more of a 'bring someone, or you'll be seen as joke of the century the entire evening'. And his friends found it more than amusing to joke about Lando not having a significant other, and not having someone to bring along with apart from his family.

Only his friends knew when to stop, because they understood his boundaries. But unfortunately for Lando, the media does not.

In the press' eyes, Lando was waving a red flag and they were the bulls that stormed towards it, along with accusations and jokes. It was as if he (like Lando and his then best friend had done way too often to their high school teachers) had a sticky note hanging on his back saying the words 'Hit me!' And the media adored it to use that excuse over and over.

Lando didn't understand the whole fuss of his friends about him bringing someone blood-related rather than a date he wouldn't even want there. Like in the previous years, his sister had always tagged along with him, and yet there were no problems they both still had a great time!

If he were to invite a random girl to the event, like his friends always suggested, he probably would be bringing more unnecessary responsibilities upon himself. That, and it meant that he couldn't get shit-faced drunk like he usually would. It would be unfair towards his date, and to himself, So Lando didn't understand why his friends put their noses in his business. If he didn't care, why should they?