007. | ROUGH NIGHT?

007. | ROUGH NIGHT?
— AFTER HOURS, LANDO NORRIS

"Oh, fuck me," Lando muttered under his breath, his gaze shifting upwards towards the ceiling. A heavy sigh escaped his lips, signaling his realization of something that had only just dawned on him. Emery and he were walking together through one of the hotel hallways, headed towards their respective rooms, when this sudden revelation hit.

After a long and exhausting flight, coupled with the adventurous events at the airport, all they desired was to check into their rooms, collapse onto the inviting beds, and sink into a deep and uninterrupted sleep. The prospect of a peaceful slumber beckoned to them, promising respite from the weariness that weighed heavily upon their tired bodies.

Emery came to an abrupt halt, mirroring Lando's stillness. She rubbed her eyes, her expression transforming into one of blankness, likely a response to the annoyance that had welled up inside her. She couldn't help but anticipate what possible mishaps Lando might have caused, already envisioning how those scenarios could potentially ruin her meticulously crafted plans of getting some much-needed rest.

"Godsamme, Lando." Emery uttered, her voice laced with a mix of irritation and suspicion. She turned to face Lando, raising a skeptical eyebrow, clearly lacking trust in him at that moment. It wasn't a question but more of a demand for an explanation.

"Please don't tell me we're at the wrong fucking hotel. I just want to sleep. That's all I'm asking of you right now," Emery pleaded, her exhaustion and fear evident on her face as she closed her eyes briefly, seeking a moment of respite.

A fleeting smile crossed Lando's face, disappearing almost as quickly as it had appeared. His eyes tensed slightly before he decided to respond, fully aware of the weight of the situation at hand.

"So..." Lando began, his voice filled with hesitation as he took a long pause before continuing. "We, uh... well, we kind of have to share this room together," he finally admitted, his arms folded tightly as he avoided direct eye contact with Emery.

Emery narrowed her eyes, biting her lower lip as she glanced up at the ceiling, lost in her thoughts. She searched for more diplomatic words to use instead of the less-than-friendly ones currently running through her mind.