016 | I LOVE YOU?

016. | I LOVE YOU?
— AFTER HOURS, LANDO NORRIS

Lando was devastated, to say the least. After his phenomenal podium finish in Italy, the Miami Grand Prix had ended in complete disappointment—another DNF. The weight of the race lingered heavily on his mind, and it was evident in his behaviour as he walked alongside Emery through the paddock, heading back to the hotel.

Emery noticed the somber expression on Lando's face and decided to approach the subject with caution. "What's on your mind, pretty boy?" she teasingly asked him, her voice also filled with concern. As the words left her lips, she quickly realized the potential sensitivity of the topic.

"Apart from this race, obviously," she nervously added, hoping not to upset him further.

They walked in silence, and Emery refrained from initiating a conversation. She knew better than to engage with Lando when he was in this moody state, allowing him the space he needed.

Lando let out a sigh and adjusted the bridge of his sunglasses, a gesture that spoke volumes of his avoidance of a conversation. "I don't think it's my place to burden you with that right now," he finally spoke, his voice tinged with a mix of frustration and self-doubt.

Emery's response was swift and sincere, her words coming out almost too quickly. "You're not a burden," she reassured him. "Seriously, Lando, you can always talk to me. You do realize that, right?" Her words were filled with unwavering support, a reminder that she was there for him no matter what.

In a silent act of confirmation, Lando gently grabbed her hand, interlocking their fingers as they continued walking through the paddock. It was a silent affirmation, an unspoken agreement that he trusted her and valued her presence in his life.

For the next few hundred meters, they walked hand in hand, enveloped in a sweet, non-awkward silence. Lando eventually mustered the courage to speak up once again.

"Emery?" he called out, his voice carrying a mix of vulnerability and hope. He turned his head to look at her, his gaze filled with a mixture of emotions.