004. | JEALOUSY, JEALOUSY

— AFTER HOURS, LANDO NORRIS

Spotting their friends in the crowd, Lando and Emery made their way over to where Daniel, Heidi, Isa, and Carlos were gathered. The McLaren driver was thrilled to see his fellow drivers and friends before the festivities began.

"Hey, guys!" Lando called out, a grin spreading across his face. "You made it! Looks like we're all here just in time." He pointed out, specifically noting the 'just in time' as Emery was haunting his ass to arrive on time. Let's say it took her a lot of effort, to make Lando hurry.

Daniel, Heidi, Isa, and Carlos turned towards Lando and Emery, their faces lighting up with smiles. They exchanged warm greetings and shared a few lighthearted remarks about the event.

Carlos, who drove for Ferrari and no longer for McLaren, had somehow managed to secure an invitation to the dinner again, much to Lando's playful annoyance. Lando couldn't help but tease Carlos about it as well.

"Carlos, mate, how do you always manage to sneak into this party? Are you sure you're not secretly working for McLaren again?" Lando joked, playfully nudging Carlos.

Carlos chuckled, raising his hands in mock surrender. "Hey, it's all about connections, my friend. And maybe a little bit of charm," he replied with a wink.

The group laughed, enjoying the light-hearted banter. They knew that despite being competitors on the track, they shared a special bond off it. They often found themselves at events like this, creating cherished memories together.

As the evening progressed, they immersed themselves in the festivities, enjoying the company of their fellow drivers, colleagues, and friends. The dinner and after party promised to be a night filled with laughter, good food, and celebration, offering a well-deserved break before the new season started.

Lando had been insistent on showing off his cherished Lego collection, even though it meant deviating from their plan to arrive early. Initially it had Emery stressed out, because she didn't want to arrive late to set a good first impression.