003. | THE AGREEMENT

— AFTER HOURS, LANDO NORRIS

Earlier in the day, Lando had shared the location of the restaurant where they were supposed to meet. Emery made the decision to travel there independently, declining his offer to go together. She wanted some time alone, allowing herself to gather her thoughts and calm her nerves before the confrontation. Taking a cabseemed like the best option, providing her with an escape route if things didn't go as planned.

Even though Emery and Lando had texted more after their encounter the day before, Emery felt a bit troubled by the uncertainty of Lando's intentions. Not knowing what to expect from their 'date' made her even more anxious. Despite Quinn's usually comforting words, she couldn't ease Emery's worries this time.

Emery took a moment to compose herself as she entered the restaurant, her breaths slow and deliberate. She had steeled herself for this encounter, ready to face whatever awaited her. Throughout the day, Quinn had been by her side, offering guidance and support.

In fact, Quinn had taken charge of Emery's appearance, insisting on doing her makeup to ensure a natural and flawless look. Something about "being shit at makeup" and "fucking it up if you do it yourself" was the reason for that. Emery trusted her best friend's expertise, knowing that she would never let her down when it came to matters of beauty.

Before they left, Quinn had taken extra care to straighten Emery's hair, ensuring each strand fell perfectly in place. To complete her look, Quinn had picked out a small black handbag that added a touch of elegance. Emery couldn't resist capturing the moment, so she quickly snapped a photo and shared it on her Instagram story, embracing Quinn's proclamation that she was an absolute "smash."

"