xiii. | will byers makes a comeback

chapter xiii

chapter xiii. | will byers makes a comeback
"do you wanna see will?"
══════════════════

        CASSIE HISSED AS SHE SAT UP FROM THE HOSPITAL BED. Hopper ran over to her, putting a hand around her back and one in front of her, ready to catch her if she fell.

        "Easy, easy," he told her. She swung her legs over the side of the bed, bracing herself to get up. "It got you good, didn't it?"

        Cassie nodded as she exhaled. Slowly, she grabbed Hopper's outstretched hand and pulled herself up off the bed. The doctor had left a while ago after he finished stitching up her stomach wounds. She stood up and regained her balance. Hopper grabbed her jacket and offered his arm. She grabbed it tightly and the two slowly made their way to the waiting room.

        When Nancy saw Cassie arrive, she stood up instantly. She sped-walked over to her, Steve slowly standing up from behind her. Nancy threw her arms around Cassie's neck, careful to avoid the bandages around her stomach, catching her off guard. Cassie stumbled back a bit, chuckling. She wrapped her arms around Nancy's waist softly.

        "Calm down, Nance," Cassie chuckled.

        "You're okay," she whispered into Cassie's ear.

        "Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay," she reassured her. The two girls pulled away slowly. Cassie spotted Karen Wheeler watching the girls in interest and mild fear. It was obvious that she had heard the neighbourhood rumours about Cassie Henderson. Nancy stepped back.

        "Good to see you're okay, Henderson," Steve said awkwardly. Cassie raised her eyebrows and smiled, huffing through her nose. 

        "Thanks, Harrington," she said, giving him a tight smile. He nodded his head and turned around. "Hey, Steve." He turned back around. "Thanks for what you did back there." Steve's eyebrows furrowed.

        "What?" he asked her, confused.

        "All of it," she said. "Helping me, saving Jonathan and Nancy's asses. Thank you." He nodded again.

        "No problem," he replied, before turning back to sit on his seat. Mike came over to Cassie.

        "Hey, kiddo," she breathed out.

        "Dustin was really worried about you," he told her sternly as if he were telling her off for being late home.

        "Oh, yeah?" she smiled, looking over at her sleeping brother.

        "Yeah," Mike exclaimed. "We all were," he mumbled. Cassie smiled and looked back up at the waiting room.

        "Where's Eleven?" she asked him. Mike's eyes welled with tears. He shrugged. 

        "She's gone," he whispered. Cassie's head tilted in realisation.

        "Oh. She'll be okay, kiddo, she's really strong. You know that." Mike sniffled and nodded. Cassie smiled and ruffled his hair.