one || twitchcon

|| Echo's perspective ||

I looked around, taking it all in. All the people sitting in front of me with massive smiles on their faces, my best friends beside me answering questions about how we got here, and how lucky we are.

I was at twitchcon, participating in the DSMP reunion panel. I was in between Karl and Quackity, Jack was the very first person at the table, then George, Sapnap, Punz, Philza, Tina, Karl, me, Quackity, then Dream.

This is insane, I thought, absolutely insane.

I was brought back to reality when someone in a hotdog suit said my name, well my username. "Echo?" They asked in a quavering voice.

"What's up?" I smiled, trying to make it seem more comfortable.

"So-" "Not to interrupt, but I love your hotdog costume," Jack said from across the table. The whole place erupted in giggles. "Thank you!" The person in the suit laughed, shot finger guns at Jack, then turned back to me.

"So this can be for everyone, and not just for Echo, but I was wondering if the scenes in your lore, where you had to argue with your irl friends, were difficult to do."

We all sat in thought for a moment, then I grabbed the mic on the table.

"If I'm being honest with you, not really." I laughed, "I think it's really nerve-wracking before we start, like leading up to it, but I feel like when we're in the moment it just flows really well, if that makes sense." I finished.

A few people nodded and muttered their agreements, then we all looked over at Quackity, who was holding the microphone that they got for Dream because he was at the very end of the table and couldn't reach the mics, but for some reason they were passing it around.

Quackity started explaining his angsty scenes in lore, and then the rest of them gave their answers, Then a few more questions were asked and before I knew it we were done.

We walked down the stairs to the side of the stage and took pictures and selfies with fans. We all got a bunch of fan notes and gifts and we all met a bunch of cool, amazing people.

Then, what we were dreading, yet yearning for at the same time had come.. it was time for us to go back to the hotel. Luckily a lot of us were staying at the same hotel. In fact, all the og feral boys were staying at the hotel.

I joined the smp about a month after Karl and was one of the people who founded the feral boys. It was Me, Karl, Quackity, Dream, George, and Sapnap. The men, the myth, the legends. Even though I'm not a man. But we ignore that part.

It was the very last day of twitchcon. We were going to stay one more day in San Diego, just for all of us to hang out. We bought a hotel suite and a reservation for a really big breakfast restaurant for all of us to hang out before Karl, Quackity, and I's long drive back to LA and we all head back home. We'd already said our goodbyes to the rest of the smp so that's the reason only the six of us were planning to hang out the next day.

After a flood of fans who were also staying at the same hotel as us practically tackled all of us the moment they laid their greedy dnf shipping eyes on all of us, we were finally inside, away from all the chaos.

"That was," Dream let out a hefty sigh, "crazy." He laughed, "Twitchcon I mean."

"Yeah dude. It was fun though. It's always so cool meeting everybody." Karl said.