thirteen || delicious but dead

|| Echo's perspective ||

"Shit shit shit," I cursed as Alex honked his horn for the 3rd time. I hurriedly looked around my kitchen to find my wallet, but paused to go open the front door to shout at Alex.

"I'm coming, can you give me three fucking seconds?!"

"No!" He yelled out of his rolled-down window, "I've been waiting for an hour already!"

"You have literally been waiting for 10 minutes, you're such a pussy! I'm trying to find my wallet, so I can just come out right now if you're wanting to be the one that pays!"

"I thought it was established that I was paying from the get-go?! Just get in the car!"

I groaned a sigh of defeat and made slow baby steps out to his car, walking as slowly as I possibly could.

"I'm gonna run over you."

"You're so rude to me." I fake cried.

He laughed a little and shook his head, "I'm rude to you? You just called me the P word." He fake cried back in retaliation.

"The P word?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Yeah. Pussy."

"Well you deserved it."

"Nuh-uh."

I chuckled at his childlike behavior and then finally got to the passenger side of the car and hopped inside.

There's a quick moment of silence where he just looks at me with a severely unimpressed look on his face.

"How does it feel?" He finally asked after the longest few seconds of my life, looking at me with a serious look in his eyes.

"What? How does what feel?"

"How does it feel to be so fucking stupid?" He retorted back, shoving a finger in the direction of the tote bag I was holding. Inside, to my utter disbelief, was my wallet.

I looked at it in shock for a few moments.

"I swear it grew legs and climbed in there 'cause I'm sure I checked."

"How sure?" Alex questioned. He knows me so well, it scares me sometimes.

"Um.. 50%," I replied, pursing my lips to show that I was, in fact, 0% sure.

"That's what I thought." He jokingly shook his head and then pulled his car out of park to head to Starbucks.

"Well now I can pa-" Alex put his hand up to cut me off, "I'm still paying, don't even try."

"Damn," I replied shaking my head downwards in faux disappointment.

"You still get your usual from Starbucks right?" Alex asked after a short pause in the conversation that I filled by briefly admiring his side profile. No not admiring. Definitely not admiring. Just looking.

"Yep, too lazy to try anything else." I replied, "We really should start expanding our taste to something other than Starbucks. We're in L.A., we're supposed to drink exotic coffee made with unicorn sweat or some shit." I said, like I don't secretly love Starbucks. And I know he knows I do because I told him on one of our late night/early morning walks a while back. Man, when was the last time we had one of those?