two || late night/early morning walk

Quackity (aka a Mistake)

Alex
Hey motherfucker, you awake?

Jesus Christ, I thought, what is this dumbass doing up this late. I looked at the time, 4:24 am.

Eden
Nah

Alex
Oh okay. Sleep well.

Eden
Lmao
the fuck do you want?
Texting me at such an ungodly hour

Alex
I remember you telling me you have insomnia,
and about how you knew you weren't going to sleep well at the hotel
So I thought I would text you to see if you were awake, because I can't sleep either
Also you look tired and like shit all the time, which is a tell tell sign you have insomnia.
Or maybe you're just ugly

Eden
Kys

Alex
Just kidding of course (🖕🖕🖕🖕)
I was wondering if you wanted to meet me in the lobby
So we could have a late night/early morning walk?
Like we do back home
We haven't went on one of those in a while

Eden
Yeah sure whatever.
I will, but just because I know no one else will want to.
Because everyone hates you <3

Alex
You're so kind to me Echo
Meet me in 10?

Eden
Yup 👍

I put some decent clothes on, and didn't bother putting any makeup on. My hair was still in decent shape because of the amount of hairspray I put in it that morning. I could probably single-handedly destroy the whole ozone layer with all the hairspray I used. It sure as hell paid off though.

I waited for a few more minutes then started making my way down to the lobby of the hotel, where I saw an energetic Alex waiting for me.

"Ello!" Quackity said dragging out the "o" in a (horrible) British accent.

"What's up bruv?" I replied, also with a (horrible) British accent.

"Nothing much, I'm excited to get out and see the city at night. It's gonna be so fucking cool looking." He remarked.

"I actually looked at pictures of San Diego at night just a few minutes ago and it genuinely is fucking gorgeous," I said.

And we were so right. It was one of the most beautiful walks I've ever been on. And I think I can speak for Alex too. His mouth was wide open for most of the walk.

Later we came upon the Skyline, and my mouth was wide open as well.

"Holy fuck," I laughed, "it's fuckin' beautiful."

"Yeah," Quackity muttered so quietly I could barely hear him.

We found a bench and sat down, taking in the beautiful sights, feeling the zephyr.

"How are you?" Alex asked, breaking the silence.

It always caught me off-guard how he asked that, how are you, like he really cares. Because he does. It made me think back to when I met him.