eleven || no service

|| Alex Quackity's perspective ||

It's been about three days since we all went to Florescence, and it's been three days since had an intrusive thought that I haven't stopped thinking about. I can't even use being drunk as an excuse for it because I was sober that night.

_____

She slumped back on my chest, exhausted from emptying her stomach in the toilet in front of us just 5 minutes before. I brushed her hair out of her face, admiring her side profile. She's so gorgeous, I thought. The fluorescent lights weaving through her green eyes. She turned to look at me so I quickly turned away, hoping she didn't notice me staring.
I ended up giving in after a while and decided to look down and I make eye contact with her. She smiled when my eyes landed on hers, and my stomach dropped like I was on a roller coaster. I'm so in love with her, I thought and then almost gasped at how quickly it came to mind. I had to physically shake the thought away, but it couldn't be shaken. I quietly cleared my throat and wiped a hand down my face. I couldn't be in love with her. Right?

_____

I built up the courage to text her the day after we went out, asking her how she was, but I haven't talked to her since. I think I just need some time to process what I thought. There's no way I'm actually in love with her, but I think I just need some space, maybe to figure out why the fuck that came to mind so quickly. I'm not in the mood to focus on it now though, because it's all I've been thinking about for the past 3 days in a row. I've been running around trying to find things to distract myself with, but at this point, I'm running out of options. I just streamed Karmaland, then streamed on my English account right after. Then I took a 30-minute nap cause streaming takes a toll on my social battery. While I'm streaming I'm fine, no worries, no problems, no tiredness. Then right when I hit the end stream button it hits me like a freight train. I'm laying in bed right now, doing homework and reading the tons of books beside me whenever I need information. Man I wish someone told me how much I'd have to read for law school. It's constant at this point, but I enjoy it though. I couldn't imagine what it must be like for people who don't like reading to have a school life like this. My thoughts derailed for a moment while I wrote out my last few answers. Finally, I thought, done for the week. Now time to find more things to distract myself with. I got up and stretched my arms above my head, arching my back and yawning, then I made my way to my kitchen. I grabbed a water and some chips then went to go sit down on the couch. I could rewatch Breaking Bad for the 8th time, that's always an option. Or I could go on a walk or something. I haven't been on a walk without Echo in so long. I pondered about it for a while longer, wondering if I really want to go and if I'll regret it the moment I get out there, or the fact I could get lost or something like that. I know L.A pretty well though, and the weather's pretty nice, so I might as well go ahead and try, I can always just come back in if I want to. I ended up persuading myself, so I got up off the couch and grabbed my phone off of the kitchen counter, and walked outside.

_____

I've been walking for around ten minutes now wandering around my neighborhood. It's so beautiful around here, it's crazy how much of it I've taken for granted. When I go on walks with Echo it's usually super late at night, but it's breathtaking then because you can see all the buildings light up. That's Eden's favorite part of the walks.
Dear god. If I could go at least a second without thinking about her. It's like every little thing reminds me of her. Walking, going outside, fucking buildings are reminding me of her at this point. Maybe it is something I should think about, the intrusive thought that I had I mean. Maybe if I finally address it I'll stop obsessing over it. And her. I walk through all that happened in my head, from when she picked me up from when I dropped her off, while mindlessly wandering around in real life. I try to remember how I felt when I realized it. No not realized. I didn't realize anything it was just an intrusive thought, I'm not in love with her. That could ruin the friendship. She's one of my best friends, if not my best friend. My friendship with her means so much, I don't think I could just throw it away like that. But something felt different that night. The way she looked at me was different, and I'm talking about before she drank any alcohol. Maybe I'm wrong and she's in love with me too. No, not 'too'. Not 'too'. Because I'm not in love with her. I've already been over that.

"Ugh," I groaned and threw my head back. I wish I wasn't so confused. I wish it was easier, and my feelings would become clearer.

I thought going on a walk would distract not make me focus on it more. Speaking of the walk, I haven't been paying any attention to where I've been walking. I stopped mid-step and looked around, noticing that, 'Hey maybe I don't know where the fuck I am'. I opened my phone and opened google maps, then, of course. Why am I surprised? This is just my luck.

_____

- n o   s e r v i c e -

_____

Shit. Shit shit shit. I turn around and then realize I don't even remember what direction I was coming from. I glance around for a moment, weighing the options in my head. I could scream fire as loud as I can and roll around on the ground until someone comes up and asks if I'm mentally disturbed. Or I could just try and go back in the direction I came from, and keep going that way until I find cell service. The second option seems better but I bet it's gonna take longer. I eeny meeny miny moe which direction I should go in then head that way. I pull out my phone to look at the time, 5:00 pm. on the dot. I've been out here for an hour and a half already. I try and ignore the panic rising in my stomach and I keep walking. I'm not seeing anything that I recognize, and I'm starting to worry that I went the wrong way. Curse this big-ass neighborhood, I can't believe I'm lost. Whenever I go on walks with Eden she's always the one who keeps track of where we are, and I'm the one messing around with no clue of where I am. I wish she was here right now, she could help me find a way home, and she would make the situation better just by being here. I'm not sure why I'm speaking about her like she's dead, cause she's most definitely not. But I still miss her. I roam around for a while longer. It's gonna be getting dark soon, and I don't want to be out while it does. I start walking a bit faster. I'm looking for familiar things and stuff to point out where I am but there's nothing but random houses, buildings, and a cell phone tower in the distance. Cell phone tower. I completely forgot I had my phone. It's been so long since I've checked if I had service. I yank it out of my pocket and pull down the control center thing in the corner. And I have service. Thank fuck. I let out a massive breath and silently thank whoevers listening. I open google maps and see that I'm literally one street over from my house, if I'd kept walking and turned I would've recognized my street and been back home. I feel like laughing. I run the rest of the street and come upon my block, I walk up to my house and admire it from the driveway. I've never been more thankful to see my house before. I walk inside and walk straight to the living room, collapsing on the couch. I curl up comfortably, wishing I just rewatched Breaking Bad rather than wasting a full hour and 45 minutes getting lost on a walk. I can't believe that shit happened, that's so embarrassing. I open my private Twitter.

_____

alex @quackitytheduck ~ 3s

I literally just got lost on a walk for almost 2 hours 💀 so damn embarrassing.

5:17 pm - 10/23/22 ~ Twitter for iPhone
___________________________
1 retweets 2 likes
___________________________
◎ ♺ ♡     ︎ 🜚

_____

I ended up falling asleep on my couch, but I woke up to a text from Karl in the Bible Study group chat, with Karl, Eden, and I. Eden was the one to reply first and my heart skipped when I saw her name. We ended up talking for a while in the group chat, all of her and Karl's stupid texts and replies making me laugh. After the conversation ended I finally went to bed, nervous about what I'll feel when I see Eden tomorrow.

(A/n: I love adding random mini conflicts bro got lost on a walk like how random 😭 anyways hope you enjoyed!!)

( word count: 1607 )