five || some sleep

|| Alex Quackity's perspective ||

"Dude I love this part." I nudged Echo's shoulder.

"Dude?" I asked.

I leaned forward to find a peacefully asleep Echo in a blanket burrito.

I chuckled under my breath and lightly shook her.

"Echo." I said, dragging out the "o".

She slightly squinted her eyes, then immediately fell back asleep.

"Ugh." I turned over to her, then scooped her in my arms to carry her to her bedroom.

"What are you doing step bro?" She said in a groggy voice.

She's pretty much asleep and she's still making jokes. I laughed, then bent my knees and leaned down to open her bedroom door.

"I feel like a bride," she said, "we should kiss now." She joked.

I shook my head and smiled. I lightly put her down on her bed, then pulled the comforter and sheets over her. Even though she was already in a blanket cocoon.

"Thanks dude." She slurred her speech.

"No problem Eden," I replied.

"You should stay in here, like one of those fanfictions tropes." Echo chuckled.

"You are so dumb."

"Love you, goodnight." She said.

"You too shithead, goodnight."

I walked out of her room, then turned off the hall light. I made my way back to the living room where I got the pillow that I threw at Echo off the floor and got a blanket off the back of the couch.

I made myself comfortable, then I turned off the tv.

After about 10 minutes of thinking about what happened during the day, and some embarrassing thing that happened to me 3 years ago, I finally drifted to sleep.

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and the sweet smell of fruit. I turned over on my back, confused as to where I was for a moment, then remembered I was at Echo's.

"Echo?" I asked. All I could see was the tall ceiling. To my right was the tv and the speakers for it. And in front of me I saw the edge of the kitchen island, but couldn't see if anyone was actually in the kitchen or not.

From behind my head I saw Echo walk up to the couch.

"Hey dude. What's up? You're finally awake, it's 11:25 on the dot right now."

She came from the side of the couch and lifted my shins up and then sat down, putting them in her lap.

"Don't even act like this is a late time to wake up, you usually sleep until 2:00," I said in a deep morning voice.

"Shut up." she laughed and pulled out her phone because she got a notification.

"Who's that?" I asked.