fourteen || centimeters apart

It was two hours after we first arrived at Karl's and I decided to play them what I said was going to be an amazing movie. Award-winning, beautiful, magical, cinematic masterpiece, are adjectives I used to describe it. But as my sweet revenge, I played them the worst movie I've ever seen in my 22 years of life. It's called Mom and Dad and it stars Nicholas Cage and a bunch of other famous talented actors yet somehow it's literally the worst thing I've ever seen. It's an absolutely atrocious movie, there are barely any other adjectives to describe it. Not a cinematic masterpiece, but they definitely figured that out by the time it was over.

"I seriously think that was the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire fucking life." Alex sighed.

"No cause same. And you said that you wouldn't put something diabolical on. I can't believe I trusted you." Karl agreed with Alex, shaking his head.

"Fuck you guys, that was phenomenal," I said, clearly sarcastic, "aren't you guys so happy I shared that with you?"

"I feel like I just lost my youthfulness watching that, like it made me gain 20 years," Alex said, tossing his head back on the couch and running his hands down his face.

"You're such a drama queen." I chuckled while reaching over Karl and snatching his beanie off his head.

"My wig." He jokingly yelled, covering his long hair with his hands.

I waved the beanie around in his face and right as he tried to snatch it back I tossed it across the room.

He sat up and stared me down for a second before reaching over Karl and snatching the pillow from behind my back before smacking me in the head with it.

"Ow goddamn." I snorted out a laugh that sounded like a wince while putting a hand on my head where he hit me.

"Oh shit, did that actually hurt?" He asked genuinely. He put on a serious expression, trying to hide the fact that he was just about to burst out laughing.

"Yes, like really fucking bad." I held the side of my head and swayed a little.

He paused for a second and then leaned forward, trying to look me in the eye to see if I was being serious.

I hid my smile with my arm and snatched the pillow back, and right before Alex was about to apologize I pelted the pillow and it hit him square in the face. The recoil of the pillow was so hard from hitting his face that it bounced back. And smacked Karl.

"Jesus Christ, Eden." Karl laughed while holding his face, laughing at my silent wheeze.

"Are you-" I laughed harder, "are you alright Alex? I smacked you harder than I intended to."

"You hit us so hard you could see our heads reverberate, we were like bobbleheads. I think it's still moving back and forth." He laughed, mimicking his head reverberating like a cartoon character that'd just been hit.

"Holy shit I'm gonna get abs from laughing this hard." I leaned forward clutching my stomach.

"I'm glad both of our concussions seem funny to you, we can really see your true self right now Eden," Karl said playfully.

"Yeah you're not gonna be laughing when you have to drive us to the hospital dude," Alex said.

"I probably will be though, that was so funny," I said after finally catching a breath.

After laughing at them for a little while longer I decided I was starving and that all that laughing at them really took a toll on me, so I definitely needed food. Alex agreed. Not to the me starving part but to the fact that we were both hungry.