Partner In Crime

Tears poured down my face soaking my crimson sweater. I can’t believe what I just saw. Jamal was cheating on me! That lying son of a bitch did it again. I thought I could trust him but I was so wrong.

“What’s wrong, ma?” asked Anthony, my friend. “Jamal’s cheating ass.” I replied letting a tear fall loose down my cheek. He sat down on my bed next to me and rubbed my shoulder.

“Girl, don’t let them gangsta wannabes get on your nerves. He just a kid.” He said nonchalantly. I shrugged off his hand and picked up a tissue.

Ever since my brother was old enough to have his friends come over, that’s when I started falling for Anthony. It was no biggie at first- just a small crush. But now it was larger than I thought it was. For a second I forgot why I was even crying just being here in his presence.

“You don’t gotta cry, ma.” He said kissing my left cheek. I smiled and asked “What you doing, boy?” He got up and said “Trying to comfort my best friend, that’s all. What you so hype for?”

“Because you are supposed to be ma friend and friends don’t kiss each other.” I said. I’m not gonna lie, I loved that kiss.

“Friends like us kiss. I’m not trying to get on ya nerves or anything, but Marcie I know what you have for me.” He said playing with his lips. I loved when he did that.

“And what exactly do I have for you, homeboy?” I asked jokingly as I wiped the last tear away. “You got loveeee for me.” He said imitating Future’s voice in Loveee Song with Rihanna.

I laughed like I was not just crying two minutes ago. “See how I make you feel better? Jamal’s lying cheating ass ain’t got nothing on me.” He said very smugly. Just then I remembered what Jamal did to me. I sucked my teeth to that no good player. Anthony saw my reaction and sat down next to me again.

“You don’t need him, Marcie. You got me and that’s all you need.” He said sticking out his pinky as in to promise. “I promise you that.” I looked to him with this estranged look on my face like ‘are you serious?’

I just grabbed his pinky and interlocked ours together hoping I wasn’t wrong for trusting his ass. As much as I love Anthony, I know he is the player type. But I heard once he gets to loving a girl, he never lets her go. “Ok.” I said smiling all over again.

Before we said anything else, he leaned in to kiss me. His lips met mine in a second. I didn’t even have time to process it. It just happened. His lips were baby soft and tasted like mint gum. I remember sucking his lips as he brought my head closer to his.

He stuck his tongue in my mouth and my brain froze but my mouth kept moving. It’s not like I never tongue kissed somebody before. It’s just with Anthony everything felt new for the first time. Then I realized we were already too deep in the kiss.

“What the hell is going on?” yelled my brother De’ Angelo. My door was wide open with him standing there looking like ‘the fuck did I just see’.

“What?” Anthony asked while snaring at my brother like he was the devil. “You know the fuck what I’m talking about! Player, get ya ass outta my lil sister’s room NOW!” he practically hollered.

“Man, get ya fag ass outta here. What me and Marcie were doing ain’t your business.” Retorted Anthony. “Yeah, De’ Angelo. That ain’t right how you just barged in my room.” I sighed.

“Girl shut up. I’m your brother and I’m supposed to protect you from hillbillies like him.” De’ Angelo pointed at Anthony.

I could tell they were both playing for real because of the smiles they both wore on their faces. I knew De’ Angelo would never snitch on me either cause I would never do the same and he respected my privacy. At least not right now, though.

Anthony and De’ Angelo was at it now, play fighting in the middle of my room knocking over possessions and shit. That’s when I got up. “Ok,   De’ Angelo leave. Anthony, I’m gonna see you at school, ok?” They both left and I quickly got ready for bed. That night all I could think of the kiss Anthony gave me. I wanted him so bad…