Ch. 8

Previous chapter: Marcie finds two men in Anthony's home. She wonders if he is up to something suspicious.

-----------------------------------------------

I sat at the kitchen table waiting nearly two hours for Anthony to finish his meeting. The breakfast I made him sat directly in front of me waiting to be touched. I couldn't stop wondering what the wait was for. Just as soon as I was about to go fetching for him, Anthony appeared into the kitchen.

He nonchalantly grabbed the newspaper and a coffee. "Anthony, what was that all about?" I asked him referring to the two men in his living room. "What you mean?" He asked looking to me as if he didn't have a clue. "Don't act stupid, Anthony. You know damn well what I'm talking about." I cursed.

He looked to me and to his plate in front of me. As he went to grab it, I simply slapped his hand. "No food until you tell me who those men were and what they were doing in your house." He went to grab for it again but this time I picked up his fork and slightly stabbed his hand. He backed away.

"They were here for business." He said, his voice lowering. Business? "Business?" I asked furrowing my brows at him.

"It's nothing." He replied shaking it off.

"Oh no its something." I stood up and grabbed his plate of food and walked over to the trash can. He looked to me as if I had just grown a third eye. "What you doing?" He asked as I propped his plate over the trash can.

"Tell me what you mean before I waste your food." I said whiles smiling my ass off.

"Marcie-" He said in a low voice. Just then I dumped his plate of food into the trash. He looked to me then grabbed his newspaper and left. I walked after him, "Nigga, you better answer me!"

"What you wanna know for? You don't live here." He said without turning around.

"And..." I replied.

"And? It ain't none of your business, damn." He said sitting at one of his large living room chairs. "Anthony, it doesn't matter. All I wanna know is the truth." I said my hands on my hips and all.

"Why?" He asked.

"Just curious." I admitted. He sighed, "Sit down, Marcie." I took a seat adjacent to him and propped my legs on his lap. He gripped my thighs and brought my face closer to his. I held back a smile of how close we were. "If I tell you, this won't change your perspective of me, will it?" He asked genuinely. I nodded, truthfully. Whatever was on his mind would never come between us two.

"Marcie, I'm a drug lord. I know you heard about Cash Money Enterprises, but I don't know if you know that I'm the leader." He said hunching his shoulders. I gasped. Of course I heard about Cash Money Enterprises. Their reign has reached from East coast to the West. I just never suspected it was him. I felt baffled, intrigued, and upset all at once. How could I not see it? Anthony has been living like a millionaire since the day he moved out of his momma's house.

I didn't know how oblivious I was until today. All the signs picked up. From his mansions, to his cars, to his clothes. They all were lavishly spent. I looked up to him, lost at words. "Whatchu mean, baby?" I asked.

"Marcie, I'm the CEO of a drug business." He stated. I looked to him and quickly turned my head. What do I do? I can't- I won't report him. So...

"Marcie, look at me. I know this is a lot to take in ma, but you gotta trust me. Everything's OK." He said reaching for my chin. I pulled away slightly again. I felt his eyes beaming onto my cheeks as I flushed red.

I didn't want this to effect anything. As much as I loved Anthony, I would never allow something to come between us. I wondered how we would work this out. Would I get a real job? No, I needed that stripping job. But I can't go back. How else am I suppose to make big money like that in one night? Selling drugs.

Was that the right choice though? I wondered how much you could make form selling dope. I'd seen all the kids do it around me as a kid growing up in New York City. It was considered cool, but I never thought like them. I was always different. Would selling dope now mark me as a cokehead? Was I really about to downgrade to being a drug seller?

I stood up, avoiding contact. Whilst fumbling with my fingers, I thought if what I was about to do would jeopardize my entire reputation. I wondered if it would put me in harm as well. I wondered if my life would ever be the same.

"Marcie-" Anthony started.

I began to think if I would lose loved ones. I began to think about my life as a stripper ending so suddenly. I thought if this was the right choice. I thought if I could trust being with Anthony. What about college? I always planned to go there. What about a REAL job?

"Marcie, listen-" Anthony continued.

Would life ever be the same if I ask this question? What if he says no? Do I forget all about him? Do I move on?

Just then, Anthony reached for my hand, "Marcie, I don't want this to change anything."

I turned around and met his eyes. They were filled with emotion. I thought over my decision one last time as I closed my eyes. I opened my eyes and said, "Anthony, I want to be apart of your drug industry."

-----------------------------------

Sorry it's short.... :-(

Ok, so that was it! SORRI IT WAS SO SHORT!!! I really had no ideas for this chapter soo whatever.... Hope you liked it though. LIKES PLEEZ...lol