Ch. 14

Deon's POV

Its been a week since I met up with Marcie. To be for real, she cool. She's someone I want to hang with but I know this is only business. See, three weeks ago Anthony played me on money. I tried to shrug it off like it was nun but that shit is for the birds. I am mad as hell. Trying to keep friends with him now is like a dog trying befriend a cat.

I don care what anyone got to say, I want my money. So when Calvin introduced me a new plan to get back, I was all in. Calvin is the next drug lord. He's not as notorious as Anthony or money rich but he's something. As long as he got a plan. And his plan was good.

"Deon, how you been my nigga?" Calvin dapped me. I laughed lightly, "Everything coo."

"So how's the plan falling through?" He asked, not even bothering to look at me. I'm not for the disrespect. When you talk to me, you look me in the eyes. But for this nigga i'll let it pass.

"It's good. She's putty in my hands." I said referring to Marcie. I was so cocky with it.

"Word? That's all good. I hope you ain't trying to pull some fast shit though." He finally looked to me, a hint of anger in his eyes. I shook my head carelessly. This nigga must be joking if he think I'd play him over some money. For all I know I Was getting at least $700,000 and the chance to see Anthony killed. This was a real show.

"Nah. I won't try anything. But things should fall through in at least a week or so. Marcie and I need time." I spoke.

"Well make it fast. Ain't nobody telling you to marry her. We just telling you to make her bait for Anthony. Cool?" He said suddenly changing his demeanor.

"Ard."I nodded.

---------------------

Marcie's POV

"Keep going and you gone look like some damn clown caked with makeup." Lala joked. I shrugged her off and placed the eyeliner down. "Bitch, listen here! I will apply as much as I need." I spoke with anger. She burst into laughter as if I just told the funniest joke in the got damn world. Bitch done lost her mind. "I'm serious, Lala." I said with a straight face. No jokes. No nothing. "OK, I'm sorry girl. But Deon gone be here in an few, so..." She said in between laughs.

I watched her leave and turned back to the mirror. My eyes trailed from my face to my not yet extended belly. Pretty soon it was going to get bigger, and more noticeable. I wasn't going to be able to hide it for so long. I'm not even sure if i'm ready to tell Deon. 

Lala and I were the only people who knew. I was still contemplating on whether I should've just told Anthony when I had the chance. Then the thought of Anthony made me cringe with anger. I hate that nigga. For all he's put me through.

If I hadn't even known him I wouldn't have been involved in his drug biz, I wouldn't have went to prison and waited for his bum ass to rescue me like some Prince Charming, and I wouldn't have gotten pregnant. Not that being pregnant was oh so bad. I enjoy knowing that I'm finally a mother. But knowing that Anthony is the father makes me wonder if its even worth raising a child with him. How do I even know he' ll quit the drug game. Well I won't unless I ask him, right?

"Marcie!!! Deon is at the door." Lala hollered. I grabbed my Dulce and Gabbana clutch and sashayed to the door. There stood a 6 foot tall man eyeing me from below. "My eyes are here." I pointed to my set of chocolate brown eyes. He laughed, "True. But you look fine, Marcie. Damn...!"

"So what do you have planned for us?" I asked Deon. "Surprise surprise." He said showing his million dollar smile. I laughed, "Cool. But you know I'm not for the fancy." I hated fancy dinners. Just give me a fast food restaurant and I'm all yours. "I know. But its time to for you to get out more. I'm taking you to the Devlin." He said. I smiled but my heart dropped a little.