The Unforgettable Kiss

Wolfram's P.O.V

I wonder where Yuri is. After dinner, just past sun down... oh I know, he would be in his office. I feel quite bad, I haven't spent as much time with him as I normally do. Well it's not like he's noticed but I don't care if he doesn't ever accept my feelings for him, I will always love him no matter what. And as my duty as one of the Demon King's personal body guards I will do whatever it takes to keep him safe and out of harm's way.

Wow, all of this thinking has already brought me to his office. How time flies whilst lost in your thoughts. I don't know whether to just walk in or not as he could be really busy with loads of work. I lift my hand over the door handle ready to turn it but instead I give a gentle knock, just in case. "Come in." I hear him say from the other side of the door, and by the sound of how loud he spoke, he must be sitting at his desk.

I turn the handle and stick my head in to see that I was right. There he is, sitting at his desk signing paperwork. But wait, where's Gwendal? He is always here when Yuri is working. I inhale deeply before speaking. "Hey Yuri, are you busy?" I mentally scold myself. What kind of idiotic question was that? It's obvious that he's busy. Why would I ask something so stupid?

But Yuri looks relieved for some reason. He doesn't seem annoyed or frustrated with me being here in the middle of the night. And that's quite weird. He shakes his head then replies. "Nope, come in." With relief, I step in and close the door behind me. I start to walk toward his desk. When I reach the middle, Yuri jumps out of his chair and starts running towards me. I'm about to ask him what's wrong when he meets me in the middle and pulls me into his arms. Wait. Yuri just pulled into his arms. Is he feeling okay? I bet he fell asleep in his chair again and doesn't realise what he's doing, because if he did, he would step back within the next millisecond.

I can't just stand here. I need to wake him up. I'll just return his embrace as an attempt to trigger his awareness. I wrap my arms around him softly but he doesn't pull away or let go. He just tightens his hold on me like he's afraid that I'll disappear if he does. "I'm so happy that you're here." I hear him say into my shoulder. He's happy? Did he feel lonely here all on his own?

I pull away from him to look into his eyes. When I do, I realise that they're glassy, as if he's about to cry. My heart drops seeing this. I don't know how to reassure him. Anything that I'll do will probably make him feel uncomfortable. I take a deep breath to speak but he starts before I can get a word in. "I'm sorry. I haven't spent much time with you have I?" He pauses to look to the ground before continuing. "Wolf, I have something to tell you but I can never find the right words." He finishes as I see a tear fall to the ground from behind his raven bangs. What is he talking about? "I can't ever find the right words." Right words for what?

Before I can even start to think, Yuri pulls me closer and kisses me. As soon as his lips touch mine, my heart explodes and sparks of heat spread throughout my entire blood stream. I have always wanted to kiss his lips and now it's happening. Wait. Am I the one who's dreaming? Just to make sure, I pinch my leg which hurts but I'm still here. In Yuri's arms, with his blissful lips on mine. They're exactly as I thought they would be, soft and plump. It's like a kiss of pure paradise.

I reach up and place my hands either side of his face as I kiss back. He deepens the kiss a second later as he wraps his arms around my waist and brings me closer to him so that there is hardly any space in between us. I want to be closer to him so I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer, leaving no space in between us at all. I can now feel the soft beat of his half demon heart against my chest. I have wished for this moment for so long and now it's happening. I want this moment to last forever.