Possessors

Wolfram's P.O.V

His eminence sighs "Otherwise they will take control of your body and use it against this entire kingdom. Which would also mean that all those months of reviving you would have been for nothing as your soul will be destroyed completely."

I freeze to his eminence's words. "Your soul will be destroyed completely." Did I hear him right? He can't be serious. His eyes show true honesty, but I want them to show lies. Lies to tell me that I won't have to go through death again.

I look down to the ground as tears gather in my eyes. My heart is pounding against my chest with fear. It's not the fact of dying again that scares me. It's the fact of what will happen to me when the possessors get what they want.

If they destroy my soul and take over my body, they will use me as a weapon against my home country. To hurt all of the people that I love. Conrart, Gwendal, mother, Greta, Yuri. All of them will be harmed in my place. And there won't be anything that I can do to stop it as they are too strong.

I lift a shaky hand to my chest and clench the material of my uniform. So tight, I feel my fingernails stabbing my skin beneath my under shirt. This is beyond frustrating. It's incredulous, ridiculous but at the same time it feels inevitable. Maybe I was supposed to die young after all.

No. I can't think like that. I have to fight against them, no matter how weak I am. I am Wolfram Von Bielefelt. I am a soldier of the great demon kingdom. And I am not a coward.

Without looking back to the great one and his eminence, I turn and walk toward the door. "Wolfram" I stop in my step to the great one's voice "we could off you to stay here at the temple, just to assure your safety."

I turn to him calmly and bow to him "that will not be necessary your majesty. I can never put anyone here, at the temple, in danger."

He walks toward me "We may be able to hold them off until we find a way to destroy them completely."

"Is there a way of destroying them?" I ask with hope. Please say there is.

The look in his eyes shows sympathy "yes, but it's very risky."

I brighten up to that "what is it? I'm ready to help with whatever it is."

His eminence reaches us "you will have to fight them off yourself. That is the way, but you'll only have a fifty - fifty chance of surviving."

That's all I needed "so if one little thing goes wrong, then I will most certainly die?"

He looks down to the ground, so the light is glazing over his glasses and hiding his eyes. With a sigh, he nods.

"I actually think that it's more of a seventy to thirty chance." Both me and his eminence look to him. So if he thinks that I will die, then it can't be helped. He sees my worry and smiles. What is he smiling for?

"You aren't very encouraging are you?" He eminence complains.

The great one crosses his arms and turns to him "and you are very slow aren't you?" He turns back to me and places a hand on my shoulder. I'm confused when he smiles warmly to me "the reason I thought that this situation has a seventy to thirty chance of coming out as a success is because I believe that you will be that seventy percent. You are strong and I know that you are capable of this."

I smile to that. He has faith in me. That's enough to reboot my confidence. With a deep breath I look to him seriously "what do I need to do?"

He smiles to see my determination. He let's go of my shoulder to place his hand and his hip "that's more like the Wolfram Von Bielefelt I know" he announces proudly. He looks to his eminence who steps forward.