Fooling Around

I woke up and my head was resting on Aidan's strong chest. I looked up and he was still asleep.

I heard someone clear their throat, so I looked around the room and saw my dad at the end of the hospital bed looking at me with his stern face.

"Hey. What time is it?" I asked my dad,but his stern facial expression didn't change into his soft, sweet usual expression.

"It's 6:30. I know it's early but I need to talk to Aidan."

I knew something bad was about to happen. I gently shook Aidan awake and told him that my dad wanted to talk to him. He kissed me on the forehead, then got out of the bed and walked out of the room with my dad.

Aidan's P.O.V

I rubbed my eyes as I walked behind Mr.Hampton out of Neve's room.

I shut the door after we walked out of the room and he spun around and he had anger in his eyes and tone,"listen to me. You seem like a good guy, but I really don't like you touching my daughter as much as you do. I know that you love her, and she loves you, but things happen when you touch all the time. One touch leads to another,which leads to another and so on. I don't want you touching my daughter as much, and that means I don't want you in the same bed with her again, even if you both have clothes on."

I was a little confused, it's not like we make out, and feel each other up all of the time and we defiantly don't do it in front of him or Mrs. Hampton, but I do respect what he was saying. He is just looking out for his daughter, and if I had a daughter who had a boyfriend, I'd be having the same talk with him. "Yes sir." I shook his hand and we both walked back into Neve's room.

Neve was sitting up on her bed Indian style, looking at me with curiosity in her eyes. I gave her a smile and she smiled back.

"Neve your face does look a little better than yesterday. I'll tell the nurse that you are up." Mr. Hampton gave her a kiss on the forehead and then grabbed his coat."I'll be back later after work." He said and then walked out of the room.

She turned to me and gave me that cuter than cute smirk,"what went on behind that door between you and my dad?"

I looked at her and tried to keep myself as serious as possible,"he said that if I touch you again that he would kill me. Neve I can't see you anymore, it is too dangerous."

Her eyes widened but before she could say anything I busted out laughing. She knew right then that I was just kidding around with her. "Aidan!! Don't do that!!" She said but she was laughing along with me.

"But really, what did he say?" She said in a serious tone. I sat across from her with one leg hanging of the side of the bed. "He said we need to be careful when we are fooling around because it could lead to other things." Her cheeks got red and I could tell she was embarrassed that he brought that up with me.

"Wow, I'm surprised he said that to you." I shrugged my shoulders and looked into her beautiful eyes,"I like that he is protective of you. I know that when I'm gone I can count on him to take care of you."

She looked down at her hands and tears started to fill her eyes,"what am I going to do without you?" She asked and then started to cry.

A bent over and brought her into a hug,"listen to me! You will be fine! I'll be back before you know it. We have 2 more months together before I leave for Iraq. I'll miss you so much, but I'll never stop loving you."

She kept her head in my chest and her crying started to stop.

The doctor came in and told Neve that she would be able to go home today.