Neon Wedges

I started heading to Marie and Claudia's house and then from there, we are heading to the mall to get Claudia a dress for her school dance.

I pulled into their driveway and walked up their porch and softly knocked on the door and let myself in. 

Mrs. Mallor was in the kitchen making something so I walked into the kitchen. When our eyes met I saw that her eyes were red and puffy from crying. Mine were probably the same.

I walked over to her and wrapped her in a hug. She cried softly into my shoulder and tears started coming down my face.

After a couple of moments we broke apart and she grabbed my shoulders and looked me in the eyes,"Now, we need to stop this crying, we will see him after boot camp."

I laughed slightly, as did she, but we both were still hurting and we wanted to start crying again but we shook it off.

"Are you sure you don't want to go dress shopping with us?" I asked as I grabbed a water from the refrigerator.

I heard high heels on the wood floor and turned to see Marie standing near the kitchen door. "No, Claudia doesn't want her to come with us. I don't know why, but she doesn't."

Mrs. Mallor laughed,"I wouldn't want to ruin your girls fun. Have a nice time girls." She said and walked out of the room. 

Marie was wearing white booty shorts, with a tie-dye halter-top, and neon wedges. Marie was a very flashy dresser. Aidan said that he was constantly threatening guys to stay away from her. 

I heard footsteps running down the steps and suddenly Claudia was in the kitchen."Are we all ready?" She asked sounding very excited. 

We shook our heads and walked out the door. We got to the mall and went into a couple of stores. We finally settled on a pale pink dress that had rhinestones and sparkles on the skirt part. It was a one shoulder strap, and came down to the knee. 

She picked out white pumps and white little hand bag. We checked out and then went to eat dinner. 

We decided to go to Pizza Hut, because none of us have been there for ages. We ordered and were having a good time until a guy came and sat next to Marie.

"Hey sexy. I miss you so much." said the guy who sat down next to her. He had blonde hair and tan skin. He seemed like a total douche to me. 

"Lance, get away from me. I don't like you anymore." She said not making eye contact with him. 

He laughed and then licked her cheek,"You'll come back to me. They all come back to me." Marie jerked away from his lick and rubbed her face, "EWW LANCE!! YOU ARE GROSS!" 

"Leave her alone, and get out." I said sternly. Claudia and Marie both tensed up in their seats. His eyes squinted and glared at me. 

"Listen, I didn't ask you to stare at me, so stop. Leave Marie alone, ok?!" I said. I was annoyed by the fact that he was acting like a little girl just because I told him to leave.

"I don't think you understand what I can do to you. Do you really want to challenge me, bitch?" He said leaning a little closer to me. 

"Ohhh, look everyone! We have a bad ass over here.!!" I said sarcastically. I looked at him with my serious face,"If I were you, I wouldn't mess with me. My boyfriend is twice the size you are, and he can kick your ass any day." 

His eyes widened and his face started to turn red. Marie and Claudia started to laugh. The man next to our table said,"Dude, she totally just owned you." 

He stood up, "I'll get you back for this." He said glaring at me and then at Marie. 

He walked out of the building and got into his car. "Well, I was terrified saying all of that. Were you guys scared for me?" I said laughing.

They both were laughing so hard they could hardly breathe. "DID YOU SEE HIS FACE!!??" Claudia managed to get out between her bursts of laughter.

After we stopped laughing, we finished our food and I dropped them off at their house and then headed back to my house.

I got into the house and my parents were watching T.V. My mom stood up and walked over to me,"How did everything go earlier? How are you?" I shook my head, "He is off at boot camp. I got him to the airport safely. I'm doing good." I managed to give her a smile and she returned one back to me.

She gave me a hug and went back to watching T.V with my dad. Max ran over to me and I picked him up and took him to my room.

I sat on the bed and cuddled with Max. I heard a knock on the door and it was my dad. "Can I come in?" He asked and opened the door before I said to come in like he always does.

He came over to my bed and sat down next to me and Max. He looked at me and gave me a half smile, "How are you really doing?"

A tear ran down my face, and I looked into his green with grey eyes, "I'm a mess. Everything I see reminds me of him. It's like a part of my heart went with him."

He brought me into a hug and I started to cry into his shoulder. "I don't know exactly how you feel, but when my dad, Grandpa to you, was in the Navy and had to go away my heart was always breaking. I didn't see him that often when he was still doing his Navy duties. But when he came back for good, we came closer together and it was great. I know it will happen with you and Aidan as well. He is a strong man,Neve."

"Right now I just... I just don't know how to feel better." I said still having tears rolling down my face. 

"Neve, do you remember, when you were little, how I would sing you 'You are my sunshine' when you got sad?" 

I shook my head and then he started to hum the tune to the song and started singing. 

                 You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know dear how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away.

I started to smile and we sang it again together. After we sang I looked at him and wiped my tears, "Thank you , Dad. I love you!"  

 He gave me a smile, "Love you more." He kissed me on my forehead  

He got up and walked out of my room. He always makes me feel better. I got my pajamas on and went to bed.