The Dreadful Goodbye

I felt warm arms encircled around my waist and chest. A warm, strong chest was pressed against my back and I could feel the sycronized breaths causing his chest to move up and down. Shortly after I had woken up, but was still in a daze with my eyes shut, I felt Aidan nuzzle his nose into the crook of my neck. 

I felt him placing sweet, warm kisses on my neck and to my shoulder. Then I was turned on my right side to face the most strikingly attractive man. I let my finger trace his chizzled features, letting my finger glide over his perfect beige complection that complimented his hazel eyes so wonderfully. He slowly turned me on my back and hovered over me, making sure our eyes were locked. 

He started tracing my facail features just as I had previously done to him. His raspy, deep voice broke the silence in the room; so raspy and deep it made my skin crawl. 

"Close your eyes.  Picture us together in a perfect world. I would be there, holding you everyday, through every battle you had to face. Every day would be the best day. There would be no tears shed because one of us were apart from the other, because we would be together. If you would let me, I would spend every day with you, forever, no take backs or change of plans, I would be there with you, just you and me, everyday, for the rest of our exsistence. If there ever comes a day were I can no longer be with you, I will give up on my life because without you, there is no point of living. Where you are right now, in life and the person you have become, is right where you are suppose to be becuase you are absolutely perfect. I love you, and nothing will ever make that change."

A tear of happiness left my closed eyelid. He wipped it away and kissed my cheek. 

"I love you so much!" I popped my head up, pecking him on the lips, "how did I get a guy as amazing as you? I'm so lucky"

"sweet heart, you're the amazing one, I'm the lucky one. "

see what I mean? perfection.

we laid there in each others arms. we didn't speak, didn't kiss, didn't feel each other, we just laid there, staring into each others eyes.

I heard my phone ring and Aiden groaned, "Ughhhhh, just leave it. "

I laughed, " I would but what if it's mom. "

I picked the phone up and i heard sobbing. my heart dropped as the reality hit me. it was time.

"mom? " I asked, my voice not as loud as I had intended it to be so I spoke again, clearing my throat before I tried again.

"mom"

"it's happening" she spoke in between sobs.

"I'm on my way" I hung the phone up and ran for my dresser, ripping non matching clothes out of my dresser.

Aiden did the same thing. without me saying anything to him, he knew exactly what was happening.

we both ran to the truck and got in. he hit the gas so fast that the loose  gravel caused the tires to lag, making us spin some.

mom and I have talked about this day, this dreaded day. which hospital we would go to, how long we would keep him on the vent if he got that far.

I brought my legs into my chest and my head rested on my knees. I felt the truck stop and I looked up quickly, expecting it to be the hospital but it was just a red light. a small amount of fear, anxiety, and sadness melted off as I saw it wasn't our stop.

Aiden pulled me towards him, and I rested my head on his shoulder. how am I gonna do this? how can I say goodbye? how can someone say goodbye to their number one fan? biggest supporter? best friend? how can someone do that?