Dirty Minded Perv

As we drove home from the cemetery, I stared out the window and looked at all the dead grass and the bare trees that covered the country land. I had barely spoke that day, even including my speech that I said in front of everyone at my dad's service. I said a few things, like the usual things people say, he was a good guy, he was a great father, husband..blah blah blah, the list goes on. 

I was so tired of hearing "I'm so sorry", "How are you doing". I wanted to reply with smart ass answers, but I didn't. Instead, I just smiled and gave hugs. When you just lost a loved one, you aren't really required to say a lot, which was good because I didn't want to say a lot. 

"It's gonna be okay." Aidan kept telling me every five fucking seconds. That's all he has really said to me. "It's gonna be okay because I love you." 

loving me isn't going to bring my dad to life, so that really isn't going to make it better. 

"Babe, " He spoke and I very softly mumble here we go, "it's going to be okay." and he reached his hand over to grab mine. I pulled it away, I really wasn't in the mood for holding hands. 

"Don't shut me out, Neve." 

I rolled my eyes, sometimes I wish I could shut him out completely, just for one hour. This past week he has been so clingy, so not Aidan, I don't know why he is acting this way. I understand he is trying to make things 'better' but it needs to stop. 

"Just stop trying to make me feel better by saying it's going to be okay. Alright? Because I'm fucking tired of hearing it. " After I said what I did I regretted it. 

"I'm sorry, I know you're trying to help. It's not like I don't appreciate it, it's just different from how you usually act, and what I need is you, not the you that tries to support me by telling me his love is going to make things okay. I already know that, I don't need a reminder."

"Yeah, I'm not really good at this whole thing, I'm really sorry." 

"Don't apologize, you were only doing what you thought was best. " the car went silent. "I love you Aidan. I really, really do. I wouldn't want to go through this with anyone else." 

"I love you too, babe."

I reached over and intertwined our fingers together.

....

We got back to the house and I let Max out and he ran around the house, getting all his energy out. I changed into jeans, a long sleeved v neck shirt and a scarf. 

"Hey, I'm going to take Max on a walk if you wanna go with me you can." I said as I sat on the side of the bed, putting my boots on. 

I turned around to see him in just his jeans and boots. Dang, he is fine. His six pack looked like he just worked out. 

"Yeah, of course I'll go with me sexyy lady!" he said as he put a t-shirt on. 

"It's a little cold for just a t-shirt, isn't it?" I asked as I walked closer to him. 

"My body temperature is always warmer when you're around." he smirked as he noticed that his comment had made my cheeks become red

"Oh my gosh, stop." I said laughing

"from the looks of it, I make you have a rise in body temperature too." 

"Oh my gosh, this is unnecessary! " 

"Even though we are married, I still make you blush." 

I rolled my eyes, " Don't get cocky." 

......

We walked hand in hand through the woods, taking in all the beautiful scenery around us. 

"When do you think you'll have to go back?" I asked, fearing his answer. "What, are you looking to get rid of me?" 

I would have gotten upset if he had said it more seriously, but he didn't. He said it in his usual joking tone. "No. I don't want you to leave."

He put his arm around me and pulled me into his side, "I know you don't, I don't want to leave either," He paused and looked down, "but it will probably soon."

A lump in my throat made itself known, and it was a little hard to breathe, making my eyes water. 

"well, I'll always be here waiting for you to come back, I hope you know that." 

He laughed, "You better be here. I don't think I could live without you." 

"You are the best. You are like better than Noah from the Notebook, or, oh gosh, Landon from a Walk To Remember! Do you know how hard it is to be better than them? "

He then stood up straighter, and flexed, "I know, it's like having a second job." He winked and I gently punched him in the arm, "You're crazy." 

I took his baseball cap off and put it on my head, "It looks better on you." He said and I just rolled my eyes, "Yeah, you say that because you haven't seen it on the sexiest man alive." Implying that he was the sexiest man alive. 

"You mean, Adam Levine wears my John Deere hat? Hmm, I'll have to google it." 

"You are such a smart ass." I said, "Your sarcasm and inappropriate remarks never cease to amaze me and yet they still exhaust me." 

He gave me a grin, "I haven't said anything inappropriate since the house."

"Oh my gosh, you're killing me."

He mumble very quickly, "That's what she said."

"OH MY GOSH! SEE!" 

We both laughed, "I'm sorry, I can't help it." 

I rolled my eyes, "I know, you dirty minded perv."