Seven.

-Steve-

I stood outside on the front porch, waiting for Billy to exit his car. When he did, he said, "Am I dreaming or is that you Harrington?"

"Yeah it's me," I tell him, and then I add, "Don't cream your pants."

He took off his leather jacket and threw it onto his driver's seat. I began to approach him as he asked, "What are you doing here, Amigo?"

"I could ask you the same thing, Amigo," I said as I reached his car, standing right in front of him now.

"Looking for my stepsister," He explained, "A little birdie told me she was here."

"Huh," I said, playing dumb, "That's weird. I don't know her."

He began trying his best to explain her to me, "Small? Redhead? Bit of a bitch."

I did my best to keep cool, "Doesn't ring a bell. Sorry, Buddy."

He was getting impatient now. He looked down at his feet, fiddling with the cigarette in his mouth. "You know, I don't know, this...this whole situation, Harrington, I don't know. It's giving me the Heebee-Jeebees."

I played along with him, "Oh yeah? Why's that?"

He took a drag of his cigarette. My 13-year-old sister goes missing all day, and I find her with you at a stranger's house, and you lie to me about it."

I shake my head, even chuckling a bit, "Man, were you dropped on your head as a child too much or something? I don't know what you don't understand about what I just said. She's not here."

"Then who's that?" He asks, pointing at the house. Those fucking idiot kids were in clear view. They duck down, but it was too late. He had seen them.

"Shit," I muttered, and then the next thing I knew Billy shoves me to the ground and he heads into the house as I get back on my feet. He kicked me in the gut once before he left me lying on the driveway. He burst through the front door with a loud crash, then he said something that filled me with seething rage, "Ah, hi Angel, wasn't expecting to see your pretty face here tonight."

He slammed the door shut before I heard Candy's reply. I knew he had to be calling her Angel because that's what she was dressed as on Halloween the night he kissed her. I laid on my back for a moment to catch my breath before I got up. But then I heard some crashing around in the house, and I got to my feet as quickly as I could. I couldn't let him hurt Candy or one of the kids.

When I opened the door, I saw he had Lucas by the collar of his jacket pinned up against the wall. "You're so dead Sinclair!" He shouted, "So dead!"

"No," I said, getting his attention, "You are!"

I deck him square in the jaw, and the fucking psychopath actually liked it. He looked back up at me, blood coming from his lip, and he smirked as he said, "Looks like you got some fire in you after all, Harrington! I've been waiting to meet this King Steve everyone has been me so much about."

"Get the hell out, Billy!" Candy yells at him from across the room. She was holding onto Lucas, comforting him. Billy turns to look at her, then he looks back at me, smirking again.

"I thought I told you that you don't have to try too hard with Munson, man," He said, and I began seething with anger again. "She was too easy."

I punched him again, square in the nose this time. "I thought I told you that you were full of shit, asshole." I said as he got his barring again. "You didn't sleep together. Quit fucking lying about it. It's pathetic."

He swung, but it missed because I ducked. Then I swung again and it connected to his jaw. I landed a few more hits, and I thought I had this fight in the bag honestly. I was beating his stupid face in. This wasn't just for me wanting to do this, this was for Max, and Candy, and Lucas, and everyone else this douchebag has hurt in his life.