Thirty-Seven.

-Candace-

By the time that the others finished finding Nancy's guns in her room, they found Steve and I yelling at the walls for Dustin to hear us.

"Maybe he does have rabies," Robin whispered to us. Eddie chuckled.

"Steve!" Nancy called over Steve's own yells so she could get his attention. "What are you guys doing?"

Steve stepped towards them, "He's here, Henderson. That little shit, he's, like, here. He's in the walls or something. Just listen."

Steve walked off again, calling out for Dustin once more. Then we actually heard him talking. It was faint, but we heard him. We couldn't really make out what he was saying, but there was no denying that it was definitely Henderson.

Everyone started calling out for Dustin like Steve and I were. But we soon gave up when he didn't answer us. Steve huffed, defeated, and said, "Either this kid can't hear us or he's being a total douchebag."

"Will found a way," Nancy said, "He found a way to speak to Joyce through Christmas lights."

She began to try to turn on the lights, but it wasn't working. But it was Steve who found one that was on. It must have been turned on in the actual Hawkins. We approached the light and all touched the light fixture.

"It tickles," Steve said.

"It kind of feels good," Robin admitted. I smiled at her, agreeing.

"Does anyone know Morse Code?" Nancy asked. We all took our hands away from the light.

At first I thought that I didn't, but then I remembered something. "Eddie does," I said.

"Does SOS count?" He asks, looking at all of us, "Is that Morse Code? SOS?"

I nod at him, "Yes."

He began doing the sequence through the glow from the lamp. Dustin was able to figure it out, and he told us to go up to Nancy's room. So we did. We knelt by her bed and saw what could only be a Lite Brite toy illuminating through the other side. They unplugged it on their side, but the particles remained on ours. Dustin told us to try it again, so we did. It worked.

Nancy wrote Hi to them. They called out that it worked, and we celebrated a little.

"HI!" Eddie exclaimed in happiness.

Nancy then wrote out that we were stuck. It took a second since, we could only spell out so many letters at a time. They asked if we could get back through Watergate, but we told them it was guarded. Dustin was so smart, he understood instantly what we meant, even if we could only spell out one word responses.

He told us his theory that every time Vecna kills someone a gate opens. "Does anyone understand what he means?" Nancy asked.

I sighed as I whispered, "Chrissy."

Eddie's face fell, and I could tell the horrible memory was coming back to him. "How far is the trailer?" Nancy asked.

"About seven miles from here," Steve said, without even thinking about it.

"Nancy," Robin said, "I know your house here is, like, creepily frozen in time and shit, but haven't you always had bikes?"

We told them we were going to the trailer, then we got the bikes from the garage. Since there were only four bikes, I sat on the handlebars of Steve's bike. Eddie unlocked the door to the trailer, letting us all inside. This was the first time I had been inside here since Chrissy was attacked. Steve held onto my hand when he saw me staring up at the gate.

"Is that where-" Steve Started to ask, but his voice stopped.

"Yeah," Eddie says, nodding, "That's where Chrissy died. Like, right where she died."